What's new

a newbie question

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ok, heres kinda a dumb question, but what is the difference between a regular old cigar and a habano? :scratchhe

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
befor any one replies, please tell us the context that was used with, rugular old cigars and a habano. Welcome, I think!!!!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The difference between a habano and any other cigar is that the tobacco all grown in Cuba.

Oh, and IMO the flavor of the smoke is smoother and "thicker" and the smoke doesn't leave your mouth tasting like an ashtray.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
The difference between a habano and any other cigar is that the tobacco all grown in Cuba.

Oh, and IMO the flavor of the smoke is smoother and "thicker" and the smoke doesn't leave your mouth tasting like an ashtray.
I would agree with Todd, but would add that some of the high end NC smokes, such as the AF Hemingway and Padron '64 or '26, are in the same ballpark, albeit with a completely different flavor profile, at least IMHO! :nodlaugh:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I've come to notice a somewhat "metallic" taste to any cigar not cuban. I don't really know what the explanation for this is, but the few cigars I've had lately NOT from cuba left this unpleasant metallic taste in my mouth.