What's new

A Nice Hefing Location In NJ

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I might be here Friday for a drink & a cigar but I wanted to share this place with the board.

http://www.petelorenzos.com/

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Proper Attire is Required:
Most gentlemen were jackets, although a jacket and tie are not required. Smart casual is acceptable... slacks - dockers, sweaters - polo shirts. Jeans, t-shirts, sweat shirts, sneakers are not permitted in dining areas.

Restaurant Accommodations:
We do not have a "permanently designated non smoking section" and are "generally smoke friendly throughout". On Saturday evenings, if our private room has not been previously reserved, we offer its' use to our non-smoking patrons. Please inquire about non-smoking availability when making your reservation.

Cigar Friendly:
We have been cigar friendly at our bar, as well as our tables, since 1922. We are the only restaurant in the area that welcomes cigars in our dining areas. We advise this as cigar smoke can be offensive to some and makes the environment "not suitable for children". Each room is equipped with state of the art air purification systems to help alleviate excess smoke.
[/FONT]

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Sounds like a very nice restaurant in the burg. Though I wonder what will happen with their cigar policy cause of the new law. Do they sell cigars already there so as to still be able to smoke there once the law goes into effect. I believe they'd need to do 15% of their business in selling cigars.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I think they are out of luck. I believe they sell cigars but obviously it is not 15% of their revenue. It is just terrible places like this will be losing business.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
These anti-smoking laws are really getting out of control.

I don't know if it could ever happen but places like this need to unite and form their own counter lobby to stop this stuff.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
This place looks like they serve some serious meat:

For $70.95 you get a 54 oz (that's 3.5 lbs) porterhouse carved at the table.

That's what I'M talkin about!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I didn't end up making it. I haven't been there personally but many guys I work with have business dinners there a lot. They say the food is fantastic and the atmosphere is very very nice.