What's new

A Nice Story...

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
On Sunday I stopped by an older B&M because i happened to be on that side of town, and went into the humidor. There were two guys in there, and they kept going on and on about different cigars they enjoyed/had tried and why. I found it amusing, but kept looking around to see if i'd come across something interesting. One of the guys picked up an opus x tin, and asked his buddy if he thought that this would make a nice gift.

They had some Sencillo gift sets w/ a nice Prometheus/"Lamborghini looking" cutter in it, and i suggested those to him as they are a great cigar, not well known, and the Japanese executives that he was looking to make a good impression on could not likely find these in their country. We then began a dialogue about how i got into smoking, and when i mentioned BOTL, he pointed up at my cap (which I forgot i was wearing.) I told them about the forum, and my some of my experiences here.

I then proceeded to show them some Padron 45ths, explained that they were
cigar of the year in '09, and a phenomenal smoke. I told him, if you want to really impress these guys, just buy this box, and offer them after dinner. That might seal the deal right there because they are truly an incredible smoke! The guy said well I tell you what, since you were so gracious to help me out with choosing a great gift, i'm going to come back tomorrow after work, and see if i can negotiate a small discount on 8 gift sets, and I'm going to buy four Padron 45ths so that you, my cousin, my father, and I can all enjoy a great cigar together! I wasn't expecting anything, just trying to help another brother out.

We then agreed to meet up a local shop sometime in the next few weeks. He and his cousin said that they were going to be joining BOTL pretty soon!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
that's a great story. Goes to show you what going out of your way to help means to people.

wonder if those Japanese business execs plan on going home anytime soon. Maybe they would have appreciated that money spent on bottled water and MRE's to be sent to Japan.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nice story. I'm hoping to get a job at a local B&M. Would be a nice work environment, get to meet nice people with same interest as me, and I know way to much about the products.

Plus I'm hoping I get a hefty employee discount.