What's new

A primer on humidification and seasoning

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Well, you can get a 12 pack, and add a $7.01 cigar, and still get it for under $42. It’s basically like getting a cigar for free. Let’s see Amazon do that.
Buy a couple of Oliva or My Father sticks. Get it above $50 on qualifying product and get the 17% on everything.
Maybe some of those 601 Kryptonites or exclusives sizes on the Southern Draw's?

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Nope, still have to pay shipping with Famous, I tried to get it w/a fiver, but with discount still came to $70.......I'm going the Amazon route for $54 with free ship

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Little bump on this, as I have a question or three.

I switched to all Boveda for my wineador. I went from HF, to HCM(?) beads, to kitty litter. I could never keep my fridge consistent. So I ordered 12-65% Bovedas. The larger size. For about 2 weeks my fridge was between 62-66%. I was good with that. I have since added around 40-50 sticks over the course of the next two weeks or so. Now they have been reading between 71-74% for about 1 week. I have 8 of them in there right now. 4 are still sealed. They are all very very plump. Came that way. Question is, are they so plump that they won't absorb more?? I realize that adding sticks will cause some flux, but wondering if this should have start to balance out by now. I could dry box everything that comes in, but I live in WNY. Humidity is usually over 70% anyway. So I am not sure this will help. Also, I could put the other 4 in right now, but they are very plump/wet, so I am not sure they will absorb more. Make sense? Or am I thinking of this wrong?? I do have probably 30-40 more sticks coming within the next week or two, and really want to get that humidity back down to where she needs to be.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If they are very plump they are over charged. Place them in a container of flower drying beads (un-scented desiccant) to remove some of the moisture. I've learned to keep maybe 30% extra Bovedas so I can keep them on a recharge cycle. You may even be able to put them in a very low oven but I prefer the desiccant

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If they are very plump they are over charged. Place them in a container of flower drying beads (un-scented desiccant) to remove some of the moisture. I've learned to keep maybe 30% extra Bovedas so I can keep them on a recharge cycle. You may even be able to put them in a very low oven but I prefer the desiccant
Ok. Is it weird that they came like that?? I mean, they are completely wet. As in, full liquid inside. And they came that way. I will have to order some of that desiccant. What a pain in the ass!!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Remember there is a difference between soft and pliable, and plump. New ones feel like they are all liquid, shouldn't be any granularity to them. When overcharged they swell up quite a bit like an under-stuffed pillow. The desiccant is available at any Hobby Lobby and most Wally Worlds

Reactions: JLB

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Remember there is a difference between soft and pliable, and plump. New ones feel like they are all liquid, shouldn't be any granularity to them. When overcharged they swell up quite a bit like an under-stuffed pillow. The desiccant is available at any Hobby Lobby and most Wally Worlds
Ok. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll wait a little bit to see if they come down. Perhaps its just adding the cigars to the fridge.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If the humidity in the room is lower then the humidity in the humidor leave the door open a while, and get a good air exchange. 70% isn't going to hurt anything, give it some time. Forum members will often store a couple of chunks of Spanish cedar at a lower humidity and just throw them in the humidor to try and gradually bring down abnormally high numbers