What's new

A question and weirdness......REALLY.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
So, I smoke a Hemingway sungrown today and then rush home to go to a wedding with wife. Unbeknownst to me, a colleague of hers knows I am into cigars and frickin BOMBS me, AT THE WEDDING! I mean, the guy has a Xikar case right there on the dinner table!

I mean, seriously, who smokes something earlier in the day and then gets gifted the SAME SMOKE later? I thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode, especially after hot-boxing the smoke earlier like a junior high kid sneaking a smoke. Nice reprieve, huh?

Hold on......Maker's Mark break!

The bartender was cute and I got the "end of the bottle pour." :)

Okay, here is where I need the help.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

It said, "Exile Rosada Chu" on the outer wrapper, which was supposed to emulate newspaper and some "pre-embargo" Cuban.

Is this a gimmick, dog rocket, or a great stick?

Thanks!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :)

Jack

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Oh man, that stick is pretty!!

I can't help you with what it is, but please be sure to let us all know how it smokes!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Freaky to say the least, but it is what it is Jack! As for the exquisitely wrapped stick :dunno: nice gesture though!

cigarhombre

Broadleaf addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the exile cigar is not bad; I wouldn't say great. I have smoked a couple, and although it wasn't a bad smoke, I did not have the urge to go out and get any more of them. It's about a $3-5 cigar.

That other cigar looks like an AF 8-5-8 sungrown, from the recent release. Does it have on the cello Flor Fina 8-5-8?

Last edited:

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally id stick that exile away and give it to someone who doesnt smoke cigars often haha

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
That specific Exile is no longer made and while not an expensive stick when it was available, it is something that I do enjoy once in awhile. I would smoke it and post a review, I posted one back in the day.

cigarhombre

Broadleaf addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That specific Exile is no longer made and while not an expensive stick when it was available, it is something that I do enjoy once in awhile. I would smoke it and post a review, I posted one back in the day.
the reason that exile is no longer made; is because there were often mold issues due to the paper that it was wrapped in

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Nice :grin:. When I was in Vegas this summer, a guy my wife's step-mother works with found out I liked cigars ans had her give me a Romeo y Julieta. Not sure what it was, but had a maduro wrapper and was a perfecto shape. Nice gesture I thought from a guy I'd never met :thumbsup:. Next year I'll have to bring my own arsenal :grin:.

Dan

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Okay, looked more closely today. NOT A HEMINGWAY. The wrapper said "royal sungrown." But hell, it looks like a great smoke. Little thicker ring gauge than the Hem but the same length.

I think I will put it down for a nap. :)

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The stick is the Berger & Argenti Exile, while the sticks were good and cheap, the new stuff from Berger & Argenti is some of the best on the market IMO.