What's new

A question of size

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
When I first started I was nothing but Corona, and Petit Corona. Thought Robusto's were excessive. Now Im almost nothing but robusto's, and think Toro's and bigger are excessive. If it means anything, Im beggining to fall in love with Pyramid/Belicosa sizes.

I try to stick to these four vitolas when I buy, as I think they cover a wide range of time to smoke, size, feel, and taste with out being redundant. (Like the Monte 3, 4 & 5/ Less then two inches separate the same cigar.)

-Corona in the 5" range.
-Robusto
-Pyramid/Belicosa
-and then something in the 6" or longer range, but less then 50 ring gauge.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Ok im gonna ask this question because it needs to be asked: Do you honestly enjoy smoking a 60 rg?

Not trying to bash and not trying to be negative, but i really want to understand why these 6x60 mOnsters are so popular. Is it that they taste more complex to you? Is it just because they make you feel like a badass while holding one? (nothing wrong with that at all.) Im thinking there has to be some sort of adrenaline factor involved with this 60 rg trend.

Here my advice, next time youre at your b&m pick up something like 6x42 or 7x38 lancero and see how enjoyable it is based on the pure smoking experience.
Yep, I do enjoy it. Else I wouldn't do it. ;D I don't get any adrenaline from smoking cigars nor do they make me feel like a bad ass. As far as being to big to be comfortable, I am a big guy, 6'5" 295lbs, so maybe that's why that doens't bother me. I also can say that I don't ever consider the phallic side of cigars.

I spose that when I smoke them I like them because they are cooler and seem to be smoother. I have to admit that if I HAD to pick a gauge to smoke it'd be a 52-54. As far as complexity, no I'd say, from experience and what I've seen others say, smaller smokes are more complex and flavorful. I guess it just boils down to what I'm in the mood for. I pretty much enjoy and own a variety of sizes except 7x38's. I really haven't smoked one of those that I've enjoyed.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
To answer the question if your going to start with four sizes. I would say

Corona
corona grande
robusto
toro/churchill.

a 60 ring guage is just too big. I do smoke a NUB every now and then. Like the old saying goes. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yep, I do enjoy it. Else I wouldn't do it. ;D I don't get any adrenaline from smoking cigars nor do they make me feel like a bad ass. As far as being to big to be comfortable, I am a big guy, 6'5" 295lbs, so maybe that's why that doens't bother me. I also can say that I don't ever consider the phallic side of cigars.

I spose that when I smoke them I like them because they are cooler and seem to be smoother. I have to admit that if I HAD to pick a gauge to smoke it'd be a 52-54. As far as complexity, no I'd say, from experience and what I've seen others say, smaller smokes are more complex and flavorful. I guess it just boils down to what I'm in the mood for. I pretty much enjoy and own a variety of sizes except 7x38's. I really haven't smoked one of those that I've enjoyed.
cool man... smoke what you like. And yeah at 6'5" i do see how you would gravitate towards bigger smokes. Some of the bigger guys I know tend to not pick up too many petite coronas, and I gotta admit they do look a bit silly when they do.