What's new

A real Gran Habano Azteca review

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand: Gran Habano Azteca
Blender: George Rico
Ring Gauge: 60
Length: 6.00
Wrapper: San Andres Valley – Mexico (Double Maduro)
Binder: San Andres Valley – Mexico
Filler: Panamanian and Nicarguan
Origin: Honduras
MSRP: 8.00

I pestered my friend and local Shop owner Peter Shaw (if your ever in panama city beach this is were you need to go for smokes http://www.pcbcigars.com/ ) to get this cigar for the Gran Habano sho we had on the 1nd of this month so he pestered George Rico and re brought some pre relesed dated cigars for us to try, he was having some isues with the printers on the boxes. they sould be on the shelves some time in the near future. George also said that he had only sent a few samples out to a few bloggers so most of the reviews on the internet for this product he doent know how they got them (nice way of saying fake) and to take them with a grain of salt. Soooooo here is my review of it and i have the box to prove it.

P.S sorry about spelling but i have the only computer in the word without a word program WTF.

First inpressions: great looking box and band, the colors on it play well of the wrapper of the cigar. The box is constructed well and made of ceder and the lid closes and opens tightly.

Pre cut: Light ( for a maduro ) veiny wrapper that is smooth and has a oily sheen to it. the cigar is firm and has some heft to it in the hand more then you would think fo a 60x6 cigar. It has a light barnyard smell to it Sweet and plesant with under tones of almonds.

First cut: Dark filler and my nose is filled with sweet grass and tobacco smell. The draw is a little tight but i am in no means fighting to draw thoughthis cigar.

First light: The smell is rich and smooth like a hard wood smoke, it took a light easly and the first draw was alot lighter then exspexted for a cigar that the binder and wraper are both maduro but the age (both aged 5 years)of then has alot to do with that. the burn is even but not what i would call razor sharp.

1/3: This smoke is smooth right out of the box its been in my humidor for 2 days. the draw remains tight but is just about right.The smoke has a woody smell and on the exhale it has a sweet bread pudding like smell not overly sweet but very rich. It also leaves a very nice leather note on the back of my tounge.the ash is holding well but looks a little light and flakey.

There is a little bit of fullness that is trying to show though but the smoothness nocks it back and i loose it. The smoke is thickin the mouth but on exhale is not super billowy. The smell of the smoke of the burning end has moved to more of a wet pine forest damp and musky.

2/3: The ash is still holding but has changed color from a brownish to a white grey color. The flavors are still holding in there but the fact it has this much flavor and remans this smooth is amazing. There is carmel flavor in my nose that seems to be tieing all the flavors together. I love all the Gran Habano cigars butthi is so difrent from the rest andthe fact they did it this well from the start, well done. the area around me has the smell of a kitchen with food being made, you cant pick one thing out but the smells still makr you happy. The ash isstill holding nearly at the hafe way point.

This is by no means a strong cigar but the flavor are complex enuff to keep me wanting more.

3/3: Im going to have to pull the band to finish this review. I didnt want to ash it but at the midle of the cigar it fell off on its own.

The burn remains even and the draw is near to perfect. I am really liking the after tast that it is leaving in my mouth sweet and rich like a sweet bread (look it up if your wondering about what sweet bread is [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread[/ame] ). As i near the end of the last 3rd there isa light bitterness that disapers in a fraction of a second that i really like since it brings the sweetness out even more, and i think its holding me on for more.

The last inch: And i am Sad

the Strength of this cigar never pulled out of a light to medium but the flavors have been full though out the length of the cigar. It has the sweetness that i associate with a maduro bet not the flavors so it really made for a plesant suprise. The after taste isgreat and leaves your mouth quickly with no bad or unwanted flavors.

Last words: The fact that this is such a lght flavor full smoke really puts it in the morning smoke area for me. i smoked thisat about 830am and 2 hours later when i was done i was really satisfied. about 20 mins after that i couldnt really taste it anymore and thats was nice not to have to deal with an over powering taste all morning. If you want a grreat cigar to start your day off with this is your cigar, get out and enjoy the morning.

GranHabano

Gran Habano/G.A.R Cigars
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review and the cool pictures you've attached. I was surprised to see the box/band/cigar (complete package) out in the wild already as we just started shipping out some of our first orders. Hope you don't mind me sharing your review/pictures on our FB, Twitter and Newsletter?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mighty fine review and most excellant pic's my friend. Thanks for sharing your experience! :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this review. I read the one offered by GH and theirs was quite a bit different. Looks like I am going to have to seek out a 5er for myself.

Here's a link to the shops they are being shipped to.

I really like their sticks for every day smokes especially the G.A.R. box pressed toro. This is a tremendous stick which ages nicely.