What's new

A Review for Santa Rasshat

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Ramon Allones -Exclusivo Asia Pacifico-

A Rosado wrapper I would say, although I'm still a beginner when it comes to wrappers. Takes a great cut.

Cold draw, sweet hay

Love the shape, one of my favorites. I think it just adds to the transitions and smoking experience.

Super sweet, extremely floral, fresh hay, medium pepper retro. Needed an Immediate touch up. Has some really nice strength straight away. The floral immediately dies back which I think comes from the wrapper as the shape would dictate this immediate change in profile. I'm going to be curious to see if it makes an appearance towards the end as this Vitola tapers down.

Wood and heavy pepper rise from the initial profile. Still very sweet with a bit of Perfume. The hay mixes with the floral Essence and I can really feel the strength in my belly. Drawing beautifully and plenty of smoke. The retro is powerful. The profile is taking all the flavors and blending them into one unique concoction. The profile has been waxing and waning through different profile variations in the second third. Though I fail to describe it play by play, I can say that it is complex, creamy, full bodied and peppery through the retro.

Another touch up as I enter the final third. I don't mind them. A light coco shows up. The floral perfume is quite unique and I've only experienced it one other time and that was in another CC, although it is lost to me at the moment which one. Well... I just pulled out a squiggly white hair... All part of the experience I guess lmao.

Well thinking back, I guess the floral perfume I picked up in the beginning has hung around and played a key role in the profile. The stick just hallowed out and died very abruptly. A quick relight brings me right back. I don't mind burn issues so much as a tight draw. Even a little bit too tight, to me, ruins my enjoyment. I don't mind a few relights and touch ups. As I'm working towards the end and recounting the journey through this cigar, not much has changed. The profile is complex but consistent and builds in body while maintaining a consistent medium-full strength. The cigar has stayed cool through out and has been very enjoyable to ash. It provides a unique profile that I have not found often.

This was an excellent stick that had its burn issues but shined in both draw and blend complexity.

Smoke time: 1hr 45m

Score: 93

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Great review, I was excited to see this review pop up!!!

I had similar burn issues as I do with every stick with tapered ends like hemingways etc.

But the flavors like you described are unique and delicious. Glad you likey :) :) :)

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Nice review. Is the pepper prominent all the way through? Or just via the retrohales?
Sorry for the late response Bondo! I didn't see your comment until now. From rereading my review, my way of thinking and noting, the pepper was through the retrohale. Most times I refer to a stick as peppery or spicy it's through the retro unless I specifically state otherwise. If that helps.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Sorry for the late response Bondo! I didn't see your comment until now. From rereading my review, my way of thinking and noting, the pepper was through the retrohale. Most times I refer to a stick as peppery or spicy it's through the retro unless I specifically state otherwise. If that helps.
Yeah, I reread it too, and that makes sense. Thanks for the update.