What's new

A review from inside the Man-Cave: E.O. 601 Green Oscuro Robusto

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
Appearance and Pre-Light: 10/10- At first sight, this cigar is gorgeous. The sight of the wrapper made my mouth water. It is semi-vein, and silky-smooth. The prelight draw gave me undertones of slight chocolate/mocha, and a more outgoing burst of leather and trees/some kind of wood.

Flavor/Body/Notes: 10/10- This thing had me within the first few draws. It was action-packed with spice, leather, and an amazing taste from the wrapper. I started taking rather large draws with a minute or so in-between and letting them out very, very slowly; really getting into the body and the make-up of the cigar. The first third was very consistent with the above-named flavors. The spice however, came and went. It was a pepper/zest though, not a hotness on the lips. :) beautiful. The second third hit with a rather subtle transition into a sweet-nut taste. The zest was still there, but it backed off and let the nuts and sweetness control this portion of the cigar...i also caught a hint of a sweet Floral Bouquet in this part! :) As the final third approached, the spice lurked back in. It was there one draw, and gone the next. This only happened for a few minutes though. The spice stayed with you until the end; a nice leather flavor also came back, making for a fantastic finish on this wonderful medium to full bodied, not for the newbie smoke!

Burn/Ash/Draw: 10/10- The burn was a little uneven…but nothing to rag on it for. Just needed a touch-up every now and again. I could put it down and pick it back up and it’d be like new again, every time! The ash held flawlessly and was a darker, off-white color. And, the draw was almost unreal. Amazingly smooth and just awesome all-around! I definitely urge everyone to try it if you haven't already! :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Working my way through a few samplers to decide what I like, and this is the best smoke I've had so far. I immediately ordered a 601 sampler to get another one, and try others in the line.

Phiberglass

Robusto
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had a Green Oscuro the other day and wasn't digging it. I put it down a little more than half way. I have two more so I'll have to give it another try someday.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Great review! The 601 Green has been one of my faves for a couple years. It is definitely my favorite of the 601s, although the Blue maddie is close. Funny, I always get a little licorice taste from the Green.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
Got two of these in a sampler and smoked 'em not long ago. I had no burn issues, and caught some of that licorice taste too. Nice. Defiinitely box worthy.