What's new

A Review From the Man-Cave: Don Pepin Garcia Blue label Bellicoso

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
Appearance and Prelight: 10/10- The torpedo cap comes to a very fine point, and the wrapper is flawless; I picked up some wood and chocolate notes within the wrapper. Packed very tight all the way to the foot with no soft spots, I thought it was going to be tough to get a good draw. I was wrong. I clipped just a tad off, thinking I’d try my luck…much to my surprise, the draw was effin amazing! I hardly cut any off at all. This stick was grabbing my vote very quickly. When I caught some sweet cinnamon in the prelight draw, this cigar had my vote; from that point forward, it would only get better!

Flavor and Notes: 9/10- The first few draws punched me in my gut with intense pepper and wood, along with a slight cinnamon undertone. However the pepper quickly dialed down to bring up the woody flavor, along with an older leather taste. The pepper had degraded to a spice, and it was very subtle and pleasant. About two inches in, a sweet cedar overtone started to make itself known. Those main flavors held consistent into the second third. The first main transition I noticed was that of a sweet nut and earth taste that took over in the second third. Also very pleasant was the undertone of some chocolate. Into the last third, the earth flavors left, bringing in building pepper and the chocolate from before. Halfway through the last third, I caught some pine as well. On the finish of the cigar, there would be mostly spice and pepper, masked by a nice pine undertone. I caught what I would describe as a “cinnamon butter” taste near the very end…but I could be crazy. :) This was a very complex cigar that needs to have the focus of the person smoking it :) Great cigar that I will definitely have again…many times!

Burn/Ash/Draw: 9/10- not much to say here…the ash was very white, held up for about an inch; maybe a little more. The draw, as mentioned before, was fandamtastic! It did tighten up near the end, but I assume it was because of the temp. I just ended up clipping it, and it was wonderful again!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Very nice review and pic's Paul! :thumbsup:

The DPG Blue Label has always been my favorite, love those Lancero's!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
"This was a very complex cigar that needs to have the focus of the person smoking it"

Well said. Too many times I'm working and smoking and not taking full advantage of the enjoyment offered by the smoke. Great review.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review.... I bought a 5 pack of the invictos ... smoked the first two...enjoyed them very much.. now I am letting the other 3 age in the humi... we will see how they smoke with some age on them...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ranDUMB question but, how does that heater in your picture work for you. i'm setting up my mancave but it's a bit chilly here in the evening when i have the vents running. is it electric? how is it on the e-bill?

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
ranDUMB question but, how does that heater in your picture work for you. i'm setting up my mancave but it's a bit chilly here in the evening when i have the vents running. is it electric? how is it on the e-bill?
yeah, its elec. its a great little space heater! as far as $$, im not sure...ik its not terribly expensive to run. we just turn it on a few mins before we go out to burn one :) if its still cold for you, id say turn it on high a few mins before you head out there to smoke...we also crack a vent in the door too, but dont have that much heat escaping for some reason... :tiphat: