What's new

A second cigar boom?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
No boom. Rather steady growth of quality cigars. I have never seen so many really good sticks come out and from multiple countries. The boom was all" get as much stuff into the consumers hands as possible". A lot of it was garbage. Then you had the wholesalers who bought up the junk and sold it cheap. Nothing like today where quality is outshining quantity at most businesses. Yes we do have some folks plunking out a new stick every few weeks. But realistically the good houses are bringing good stuff to the market.

As far as the FDA... The U.S. market will just move off shore like the Cuban market did. The US loses on massive tax base and we all have to go underground. NBD
I did not mean to be insensitive to our sponsors and to the many great suppliers in the U.S. You guys and the many B&M's have have patronized have been super. The problem is that like many businesses they will regulate this to the point it is no longer profitable. The desire for cigars will not go way just like prohibition. The way to buy will just move off shore or underground.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
No boom. Rather steady growth of quality cigars. I have never seen so many really good sticks come out and from multiple countries.
Yeah, I feel like it's a pretty great time to be a cigar smoker. And a lot of these boutique houses are releasing not just unique, but really great cigars. Tatuaje and Liga Privada were the first ones I latched onto, but now Crowned Heads, RoMa Craft, Caldwell and others are doing an incredible job putting out some just amazing cigars.