What's new

A shave soap worth trying for the Brothers - Synergy Cavendish

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a podcast junkie. I've got a 30 minute commute, and drive frequently during the day. I like having a bunch of podcasts so that I can be involved with my hobbies when I'm not able to be involved with my hobbies, if that makes any sense. So when I started wet shaving, I looked around for podcasts. One that I listed to quite a bit was Moustache and Blade. One of the hosts, Douglas Smythe, owns a website called "How To Grow A Moustache" - and through that sells his Synergy shave products. On a whim, I bought a tin of his Frost Byte (mint and menthol - COLD!) soap. Lather was amazing and the glide was really good. A followup order was quickly placed.

One of the Synergy soaps that I'd heard reviewed on another podcast was "Cavendish" - supposed to replicate the smell of pipe tobacco. I figured as a cigar smoker, I had to give it a try. It may not be completely accurate, but it's really close. Lathering up you really do get the room aroma of a nice pipe tobacco. Lather is again outstanding. This soap has replaced Arlington as my "go-to" shave soap.

It does come in two sizes, a 4 oz and an 8 oz size. The 8 oz is massive, and is really a great setup for getting soap on the brush.

I figured I'd pass this on as a Public Service Announcement. If there was ever a group of people that would be into a tobacco smelling shave soap, it'd be you freaks on BOTL. The same ones that got me started trying wet shaving.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Thanks!

I was using Proraso Sandlewood cream, but just recently bought the "La Vie de Piment" from Catie's Bubbles and that's an amazing soap, too. This particular scent reminds me of incense. But, as Summer kicks into full swing, it's a bit of a heavy scent so I am looking for something either more citrusy or lighter and your recommendation is just in time!

Thanks

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Cool, I've been looking for a soap to test out (currently have cream). Not sure I would get the cavendish, but the others sound interesting. Thanks bud!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll also state that the Beach scent is outstanding (and very summery), as is the Pedal Pusher Fancies (same soap) Coconut. My wife uses the Cherry Almond Vanilla on her legs and enjoys that as well. So far my purchases from HTGAM have all surpassed my expectations.

I've even got their logo sticker on my Coolerdor...

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I'll have to give this a look when I return from my trip. Sounds like a great soap location and I'm always looking for more options. Thanks.