What's new

a truly pointless post

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So I was sitting here reading the forum today with my arthritis in my wrist flaring up (its tough being 27, damn motorcycles!) thinking how much money I've spent on cigars since I started last fall (bad idea, I know). I'll tell ya, the dollar amount is up there...I buy premium sticks, add on top of that a wine fridge and a nice 150 ct (full) humi., and sticks here are about 30+% more here than in the states But I digress. I spend a lot of time reading everyones posts, but am not very active and would like to change that, everyone here are BAMF'rs, and I mean that.

Down here there aren't too many people into smoking cigars (although pot and crack is more mainstream ::drool::) as much as I am so I don't get to immerse myself into the lifestyle as much as I'd like. Thats part of the reason I'm excited to get up to NY this week. Last time I was there I was at a B&M in West Babylon and the comaraderie among cigar smokers is an amazing thing. It can start up conversations with people you never thought you'd have common interests with.

At that B&M on Long Island, I saw a guy pull up outside in his SL 500, he came in, made a stick selection and we just started talking. Turns out one of his good friends just bought a bar down here (Island Time Pub, which is a bar I like to go to) so he calls him up and says, 'Hey, guess who I'm talking to??'

Anyway, this post is kind of pointless now, I had a specific direction I was going to take it when i first started, Oh well. Anyone have any trips to the Islands planned?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ADD is a terrible thing....:rolling:......anyway glad to have you posting and reading and I hope that the BOTL can be an outlet for you to stay in touch with other cigar buffs (run on sentence, failed english)

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Hey Virgin, stay atuned to BOTL, and Post when ya can,,,You think your post is Pointless, well most of mine are as well..............:bottle:

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well I do need a vacation spot. LOL! You're a BAMF'er yourself bro! Did you get in on the newbie trade thread yet?

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Virgin, If you ever take the puddle jumper or fairy to South Florida LMK and we'll hook up for a cigar somewhere. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale area.

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Virgin, If you ever take the puddle jumper or fairy to South Florida LMK and we'll hook up for a cigar somewhere. I'm in Ft. Lauderdale area.
Awesome man, I was thinking about flying up to FL once our tourist season slows down (I bartend at the Marriott down here and believe it or not we are still full) for a weekend golf getaway. You play?

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anyway, this post is kind of pointless now, I had a specific direction I was going to take it when i first started, Oh well. Anyone have any trips to the Islands planned?
My daughter & her husband live there along with my sailboat. Squid® has a vacation spot without paying hotel fare... <G>