What's new

A waste of a perfectly good Liga Privada.....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yesterday I stopped at a local b&m. They've got a great selection and i picked up some stuff that's new, and just new to me.

I grabbed a tin of Papas Fritas, A Liga Privada No. 9(don't remember which vitola), a My Father Le Bijou, and some sort Oliva Serie V(also don't remember the vitola).

Anywho, I decided to stay and smoke. I smoked the No. 9, which like the rest of the cigars in the humidifier, were overhumidified. I didn't think about that when I light up and LP.....

Long story short, it kept going out on me, it frequently tunneled, and had some muddled flavors.

I guess I should have listened to what you guys always say. Dry Box, Dry Box, Dry Box. Not only that but the RH was way too high, usually I keep mine at around 63-66 RH. I've about RH and its effect on flavors, and now i finally understand

Just thought I'd share my story.....

Thanks,

Andrew

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont the specific RH, but I could tell by how spongy some of the sticks were. Plus, they had some mold issues. I freeze my sticks, so i didn't worry much about the mold.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think most of them tend to over compensate for the door swings in and out of the humi. I never buy sticks from the b&m and smoke them on the spot. I will buy a few and smoke something I brought. I have the same situation and after at least 10 way over humidified sticks I decided to call it quits on smoking them right away.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think most of them tend to over compensate for the door swings in and out of the humi. I never buy sticks from the b&m and smoke them on the spot. I will buy a few and smoke something I brought. I have the same situation and after at least 10 way over humidified sticks I decided to call it quits on smoking them right away.
I always buy, but never smoke what i just bought when i go to a b & m. I bring a couple that i know are good to go and smoke those. Take my purchases home and put then in the humi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I always buy, but never smoke what i just bought when i go to a b & m. I bring a couple that i know are good to go and smoke those. Take my purchases home and put then in the humi.

Careful. You might be in for a serious B&M customer etiquette lecture with talk like this. Some folks on here take that kind of talk as heresy. :stickbeat

Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Careful. You might be in for a serious B&M customer etiquette lecture with talk like this. Some folks on here take that kind of talk as heresy. :stickbeat
I hear ya it's a touchy subject. My thought is the owner is a friend and he could care less. I can see how always smoking something you bring could lead to others thinking you may not purchase from their which is a big no no.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think that is a big deal at all, assuming you buy sticks and then smoke.... I think walking in just to smoke, without buying something, is in poor taste(assuming you don't have a relationship)....

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
oops sorry! I misspoke! i meant to say that they beetle issues not mold. But mold has happened there too.
Freezing helps stop mold?

Say what?
LMAO!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever been in a B&M that didn't have there Humidors on the high end of humidity. I agree with most that I think they compensate for the doors being opened and closed often. To bad about your Liga but even with a 65% RH you'll find that they are still on the moist side.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most cigar shops over humidify to compensate for doors being opened and closed. I never smoke cigars right off the shelf for exactly this reason. There is never an excuse for mold and if I saw some I would find another shop.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sorry to hear that! Ligas definitely benefit from a day or so of dry boxing. I can leave them on my desk here in Miami unhumidified for long stretches and they are fine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear it, yeah I just bring a smoke and replace it.
After a string of overhumidified sticks, I've been doing this also. But I buy most if my singles here, and I always buy something to bring home before I smoke something I carried in.