What's new

AB Maxx

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I am becoming an Alec Bradley fan. I have tried the tempus and the SCR both good.
I just lite up the Maxx. Very good. 7" 58 ring and full of flavor. first third there was leather, spice and a hint of honey. The nose hit was great. No burn issues so far. Gray white ash. Earthy flavor beginning the 2nd third, hint of honey still holding. Spice still with us but not as strong. Leather holding strong. Mild coffee taste coming through along with a nic buzz. Spice is gone. leather and sweetness on lips and tongue. Very nice. Final third starts as all tobacco with a grassy taste. Lots of aromatic smoke. Hint of dark coffee, hay and chocolate. Little burn issue. Will see if it works itself out. It worked out. got somewhat complex at this point can't tell the flavors. all in all a good smoke. For me the tempus is better but will smoke it again.:peace:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no problems with the construction? That is the only problem I have with that line. I seem to catch quite a few plugged or very tight sticks from him.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good review.

I'm also a huge fan of this line. I smoke quite a few and always keep at least 2-3 in my humidor.

You got lucky with your AB MAXX, however -- I always seem to get burn problems. I'm not sure if it's the thick ring gauge or what, but every single one I've ever smoked required multiple touchups and relights. Still a very good and flavorful cigar, though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Never really liked this one. After my Tempus faux pa I tried one on Sunday. Same result. Really medicore cigar. Good price point for what you get tho.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like the MAXX and actually that was my regular smoke for a while. The price point is really good and they have been pretty consistant.