What's new

AB Prensado

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of these? Smoking my first one tonight, not all that impressed.

At times it was very harsh and at other times it had excellent flavor. The burn was problematic, but the ash was beautiful.

I really like the MAXX and expected more from this.

Anybody dig these?

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
You might want to give it another shot. I thoght the same thing after the first but like the 2nd and 3rd a bunch
I agree 100% with J's statement, an good example for me was the LFD Air Bender, the 1st one I tried I thought what's the big deal but, from the 2nd on I found out why it's a damn good cigar!

I try to give all cigars at least three try's before I write it off for good.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I agree 100% with J's statement, an good example for me was the LFD Air Bender, the 1st one I tried I thought what's the big deal but, from the 2nd on I found out why it's a damn good cigar!

I try to give all cigars at least three try's before I write it off for good.
Yep, Three is a good number. Also make sur eyou rest em if they came in the mail. Amazing what a week to 30 days will do.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've only had one, and I liked it. I prefer the Tempuses to these, but the musty wet wood quality of the Prensado Corona Gorda I smoked was, to me, appealing.

tkieck

Soldier of Fortune
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually pretty good. Milder and less complex than the tempus, but overall and enjoyable flavor.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yep, Three is a good number. Also make sur eyou rest em if they came in the mail. Amazing what a week to 30 days will do.
I concur.

As far as the Prensado, I've not even tried it once yet. I'd like to, though. The reviews I've seen sound great.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had a Prensado Churchill last weekend and enjoyed the flavors a lot but I do think it is a little pricey. At the price I paid ($11.25), I would've rather had a Padron 1964 Maduro.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a couple of these from a local B&M when I stumbled across them...The first one of these I absolutely did not like AT ALL... and I'm a big AB fan. Let the 2nd sit in the humidor for a couple of months and found it to be much better. It's no Tempus by a long shot, nor even as good as the SCR to me but it's a decent smoke after it sits a bit.

JxBr

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hate to be negative but these are yard gars for $10 plus. Gimmie a Boli RC or Tat Coj09 for +/- $2. Many many others too.

translation:
Yard gars=stuff I pick up in the yard that the dogs leave for me.