What's new

ABTs on tap!!!

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Made me some ABTs (Atomic Buffalo Turds) fo the first time this week for a company cookout I put together. THey were so good I figured the family needs some tonight.

Fresh jalapenos, cream cheese, lil smokies and BACON!!!! Smoked in applewood for about 2 hours at 250 deg.

DSCN0209.JPG

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I don't know what it is, but I can't get behind the cream cheese and jalapeno combination.

That said. These look cool. How'd they turn out? Could you see them happening without cream cheese? Maybe asadero or manchengo instead?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I don't know what it is, but I can't get behind the cream cheese and jalapeno combination.

That said. These look cool. How'd they turn out? Could you see them happening without cream cheese? Maybe asadero or manchengo instead?

The cream cheese is what makes it.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Blue and bacon is an epic combo! I have done some bacon/blue potato salad and bacon/blue/garlic mashed potatoes... But wouldn't blue, with the smoke, and the smokies, and the jalapeno be a little too much? I imagine the cream cheese is being used to add a mild creaminess without to much flavor.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
-Brie is good as well

-Bleu

-Feta

all depends on what you will put on/in besides the cheese

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I actually just saw these on the menu of a BBQ restaurant locally. I've never seen them for sale before, just always home made.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Guess you've never had a popper than?
I have... plenty of times, and never really liked 'em.

I guess I just like my cream cheese between a bagel and a pile of lox... not on jalapenos, and not in sushi rolls.
I know you specifically said you don't like cream cheese and sushi, but have you ever had a Philadelphia roll? Its the only sushi I like with cream cheese. Its salmon cream cheese and cucumber. I love 'em.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0

I guess I just like my cream cheese between a bagel and a pile of lox... not on jalapenos, and not in sushi rolls.
I know you specifically said you don't like cream cheese and sushi, but have you ever had a Philadelphia roll? Its the only sushi I like with cream cheese. Its salmon cream cheese and cucumber. I love 'em.

That's a joke right? I get it.

:ccool:

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

That's a joke right? I get it.

:ccool:
? Lol. I don't remember writing this. I was a bit drunk yesterday. Hahaha. But no they really are good I don't like most of the rolls I have had with cream cheese but that one is simple and really good. And I'm guessing since you said you like cream cheese and lox thats why I posted it.