What's new

Acid cigars in the gas station???

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Actually I think it is win for the convience store on this one. Kuba Kuba sells for $7.95 at the B&M and $4.69 at the gas station, Blondie is $4.55 at the B&M and $3.00 at the gas station. This isn't a case where the customer is paying extra for convience as the gas stations operate at an extremely lower margain and have the buying power to potentially get it in the door at a lower cost.
Are those actual prices? or guesses?
Those are actual prices the OP told me they were charging and prices at a B&M that sells them at MSRP

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
our tobacco and liquor laws here in TN are incredibly screwed up (not just at the state level.. but also at the local govt level in many cases as well... I was actually just talking about this with a local B&M owner here today).. so I guess we dont see as much of this sort of thing as you guys in other states do (although Nemo is in TN too.. and just found a bundle in a gas station.. so maybe its about to become more common...)..

the big hurdle here is booze.. state law prohibits ANYTHING being sold in a store that sells alcohol other than actual booze..

you cant buy a corkscrew, a wineglass, or even a bottle opener.. much less tobacco products..

and you cant buy brewed alcohol where fermented alcohol is sold... so no wine in grocery stores.. etc.. if the grocery stores decided to carry merlot.. they would have to quit carrying everything else (and become a liquor store)..

B&M's can allow you to BYOB.. but cant sell alcohol (beer or liquor) by the glass without obtaining a resturant license... they can sell you beer if they want to.. but you cant consume it there (but it is ok to bring the beer that you bought down the street at the convienience store into the B&M and drink it there.. no problem with that at all...)...

they can serve beer/liquor If they obtain a resturant license.. but then they are subject to all the code and regulation of a resturant.. and 61% of their sales have to be food.. otherwise they are a "bar" and that requires an additional license..

which is even more heavily regulated (and more expensive) if they want to sell tobacco products in their "bar"..

mind numbing...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Those are actual prices the OP told me they were charging and prices at a B&M that sells them at MSRP
wow... Im going to have to look into that further the next time I am in a local B&M (probably this weekend).. I dont have a clue what blondies and kuba kubas sell for on this end of the state (not my cup of tea..).. but I wouldnt think it would be much different than what B&M's in Nemo's neck of the woods are asking...

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
A FaceBook group I am a member of recently got excited when they found LP #9's at this liquor store in town. Granted the store has a "decent" humidor but it is not somewhere one would think to see any premium cigars. DE is definitely getting out there in a TON of markets.
That is very interesting. When I was in the only b&m in okeechobee florida a few weeks ago they had undercrowns and I asked "where are the #9's or other Liga Privadas?" The Owner told me that they were told they weren't a large enough establishment to carry them and therefore couldn't get any.

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Actually I think it is win for the convience store on this one. Kuba Kuba sells for $7.95 at the B&M and $4.69 at the gas station, Blondie is $4.55 at the B&M and $3.00 at the gas station. This isn't a case where the customer is paying extra for convience as the gas stations operate at an extremely lower margain and have the buying power to potentially get it in the door at a lower cost.
Are those actual prices? or guesses?
Those are the actual prices.

I'll get a shot of the display in the morning if I can remember.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
A FaceBook group I am a member of recently got excited when they found LP #9's at this liquor store in town. Granted the store has a "decent" humidor but it is not somewhere one would think to see any premium cigars. DE is definitely getting out there in a TON of markets.
That is very interesting. When I was in the only b&m in okeechobee florida a few weeks ago they had undercrowns and I asked "where are the #9's or other Liga Privadas?" The Owner told me that they were told they weren't a large enough establishment to carry them and therefore couldn't get any.
Odds are they bought a box at cost and are just selling them in the store. I am betting they don't have a contract.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Those are the new G fresh packaged acids. Right now we are only doing Kuba Kuba and blondie and they retail for the same price as out of the box! Great for gifts or for people that don't have a humi and aren't going to smoke it right away

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Those are the new G fresh packaged acids. Right now we are only doing Kuba Kuba and blondie and they retail for the same price as out of the box! Great for gifts or for people that don't have a humi and aren't going to smoke it right away
Original poster told me the price was $4.69 for Kuba Kuba and $3.00 for Blondie at the gas station he went to. You telling everyone that is the same price they can find it at their B&M's Ben?

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
yea I went in this morning and the prices have gone up. It's now 7.29 for the Kuba Kuba and 4.29 for the Blondie.

Sorry for the blurry ass pic but I got bumped right as I took it.
pics3.jpg

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I know I am going to get some backlash for this, but these seeing that box and the tag line "Step Up To Premium" hit me the wrong way. It made me think of Joe Camel. Maybe I am getting old.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
yea I went in this morning and the prices have gone up. It's now 7.29 for the Kuba Kuba and 4.29 for the Blondie.

View attachment 26029
Well that makes a little more sense, when you told me the lower prices yesterday it seemed like Kuba Kuba and Blondie were headed the way of the gas station and out of the B&M's. Can't wait for the G-Fresh Liga's at my local 7-11 at a discounted price!!! :)

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0

View attachment 26029
Well that makes a little more sense, when you told me the lower prices yesterday it seemed like Kuba Kuba and Blondie were headed the way of the gas station and out of the B&M's. Can't wait for the G-Fresh Liga's at my local 7-11 at a discounted price!!! :)
Nah I don't think they'd ever permantely go that way... Not much of a market to pull from B&M's and sell in gas stations only, at least right now and I honestly hope it doesn't go that way.

haha I thought the same thing... Man wouldn't that be kick ass, walk in to get beer and G-Fresh Liga's... What a perfect world!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Original poster told me the price was $4.69 for Kuba Kuba and $3.00 for Blondie at the gas station he went to. You telling everyone that is the same price they can find it at their B&M's Ben?
No, I was saying the stick price shouldn't be different than msrp whether out of a box or in the G fresh pack. I've seen the g fresh in a few stores and the prices have all been in line with what acid normally sells for.

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
No, I was saying the stick price shouldn't be different than msrp whether out of a box or in the G fresh pack. I've seen the g fresh in a few stores and the prices have all been in line with what acid normally sells for.
After this morning it looks like there are more in line with the B&M prices now..... Them being priced the way they were the other day is what shocked me at first.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

View attachment 26029
Nah I don't think they'd ever permantely go that way... Not much of a market to pull from B&M's and sell in gas stations only, at least right now and I honestly hope it doesn't go that way.

haha I thought the same thing... Man wouldn't that be kick ass, walk in to get beer and G-Fresh Liga's... What a perfect world!
My thought was if they were in the $3-$4 less a cigar range(as originally thought), that the demand for them in B&M's would pretty much fall off. We have a big military population here and a lot of them smoke the shit out of some Acids. I think they will start to pick them up at convience stores more often than coming to the B&M, especially if it is any cheaper per cigar. Why go across town the B&M when you can get it at every corner shop. Bring on the G-Fresh Dirty Rat!!

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0

View attachment 26029

My thought was if they were in the $3-$4 less a cigar range(as originally thought), that the demand for them in B&M's would pretty much fall off. We have a big military population here and a lot of them smoke the shit out of some Acids. I think they will start to pick them up at convience stores more often than coming to the B&M, especially if it is any cheaper per cigar. Why go across town the B&M when you can get it at every corner shop. Bring on the G-Fresh Dirty Rat!!
Good point and I didn't really factor in the fact that the military guys love them some Acids.. and I see where your coming from with that last statement... It does raise a few worrying points...

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Looks like this concept is spreading...

I saw both the blondie and the kuba kuba in the same packaing being sold at a BP station in Hampton, VA on Friday night...

and this afternoon, while driving back home, I found these at a rural gas station about 40 miles outside of Roanoake, VA....

They had Punch, HDM, and Macanudo... all hanging right there on the wall amongst their backwoods smokes, philles, swishers, etc.... prices were between $5.99 - $6.99 a stick...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Looks like this concept is spreading...

I saw both the blondie and the kuba kuba in the same packaing being sold at a BP station in Hampton, VA on Friday night...

and this afternoon, while driving back home, I found these at a rural gas station about 40 miles outside of Roanoake, VA....

They had Punch, HDM, and Macanudo... all hanging right there on the wall amongst their backwoods smokes, philles, swishers, etc.... prices were between $5.99 - $6.99 a stick...

Wait, you were in Hampton and didn't let anyone know?? Bro, you totally missed out on the Emerson's/Park Lane experience!!