What's new

Acrylic Humidor Suggestions?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was looking at the Boveda acrylic humidors. The small one is too small (my newbie Tupperdor already has about 25 sticks in it), and the big one is too expensive at 200 bucks. I would be willing to go up to $100 or so but no more than that for what would really just be a Tupperdor upgrade. Sure wish they offered a "medium". And from what I see, there aren't many acrylic humis out there. Any suggestions or recommendations?

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I was looking at the Boveda acrylic humidors. The small one is too small (my newbie Tupperdor already has about 25 sticks in it), and the big one is too expensive at 200 bucks. I would be willing to go up to $100 or so but no more than that for what would really just be a Tupperdor upgrade. Sure wish they offered a "medium". And from what I see, there aren't many acrylic humis out there. Any suggestions or recommendations?
I’d just go with a cooler.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This container on amazon is usually around $10 and can easily hold 50+ I have 2 of them with cedar trays in them that work great (fit in my nightstand out of site out of mind and the wife doesn't complain about them) . I wouldn't pay the current $25 asking price, not sure if it's pandemic related or what. I'd check back periodically and it should drop again, maybe the regular seller is just out of stock.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you are going for the "cool" factor the acrylic humidor has value. Functionally maybe not so much, I see others with a similar display type acrylic humidor constantly trying to reseal the door(s).

The Acrylic (and glass) Jars @BasicTek mentioned are generally available at Walmart, Just throw in a Boveda and maybe a couple of cigar spills if you want a bit of cedar in the jar. They are my preferred container for recharging Bovedas and keeping cigars I am dry boxing.

As others have mentioned you will soon realize that the humidor you buy today will be outgrown by tomorrow Either buy 2 or 3xs larger then you think you need or plan on adding additional units. Price by volume and functionality go tupperdor.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for all the advice, fellas. I definitely see the need for more storage in the near future so figured I would seek out some guidance before it gets to that point.

This container on amazon is usually around $10 and can easily hold 50+ I have 2 of them with cedar trays in them that work great (fit in my nightstand out of site out of mind and the wife doesn't complain about them) . I wouldn't pay the current $25 asking price, not sure if it's pandemic related or what. I'd check back periodically and it should drop again, maybe the regular seller is just out of stock.
This is the one that I currently have, with 2 cedar trays inside. And I also keep it in my nightstand. :ROFLMAO: That price is crazy...I ordered mine less than a month ago and it was only $10.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this one and a taller deeper one. I think this one is about perfect. It can be stacked on top of each other. I have the deeper ones full and four 60 gram Boveda packs and they last at least a year so far.

They are about $10 bucks. Can get them at most Walmart’s and big super stores. A friend of mine did the same and is loving it. Outgrew his 25 stick humidor in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk