What's new

active humidificatio help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I currently use Hearfelt beads in my whynter 251s unfortunately my unit has broken down the beads have been fantastic but now I have purchased a large wine cooler thermoelectric.
I was wondering If the beads would still work properly in the new wineador the measuremnts are (D)51.2cm x (W)57cm x (H)119.5cm
its a fair size.
Or If i should get a active humidification system eg : hydra, acumonitor, oasis or maybe beads and the active unit any info would be great help

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Beads are fine.
Beads plus bovedas are fine.
Beads plus bovedas plus kitty litter is fine.
Just Bovedas are fine.
Just KL is fine.

You just might need more beads (or boveda or kl)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok

I currently use the hearfelt 65% at the moment
so I wouldnt need to buy avallo accumonitor and beads combined ?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you decide to stick with heartfelt beads, it looks like you will need around 40ish ounces of beads based off your measurements in your first post.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Ii currently have 2 pounds which i can take out of old humidor , so Probably order another 2 pounds just for good measure and flactuations.
I was almost about to order the Avallo Accumonitor heard good reviews about it

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Well Ii currently have 2 pounds which i can take out of old humidor , so Probably order another 2 pounds just for good measure and flactuations.
I was almost about to order the Avallo Accumonitor heard good reviews about it
IF you want to spend the money, have at it. Avallo is good. But if beads are working perfect, why would you?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well Im not to fussed about the money just want to make sure everything works well ,If I purchase and don't require it I can always use in a custom built cabinet, Im also tossing up between the Lg large hydra unit, being in Australia the transformer just plugs straight in to the wall socket.
have you guys had any experience with any of these units ?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
well Im not to fussed about the money just want to make sure everything works well ,If I purchase and don't require it I can always use in a custom built cabinet, Im also tossing up between the Lg large hydra unit, being in Australia the transformer just plugs straight in to the wall socket.
have you guys had any experience with any of these units ?
Avallo is better than hydra.

Again, if the beads are working great in your present setup, why would you want to change it? Makes no sense to me. If they were not keeping humidity, then fine, change away.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I guess your right will have to see how well the new unit keeps humidity and circulation then I can take it from thier thank you for your help guys really appreciate it oh HAPPY NEW YEAR

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a cc300 wino and I use a Hydra SM in combination with about 2 pounds of 65% HF beads. It's been very stable at 64 to 66 RH with zero maintenance since setup. If I have it open for a while while digging then the Hydra will kick in for a bit, adding the lost moisture back in, but the HF beads keep everything nice and stable. I keep beads in both drawers and some on each shelf so they're on every level.

The only thing I've noticed is odd is that the very bottom of the wino (where the Hydra is) stays right around 69% even though the Hydra is set to 67%. That being said, the drawer that is immediately above it stays at 66%.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have no real choice but to go with hydra lg commercial it works here down under aswell.
Avallo contacted me yesterday and said that thier unit would be overkill and that I wouldnt need it just to use silica beads.

what great guys not just interested in making a sale :)