What's new

Add an additional $250-300!!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So they reversed the handgun ruling in DC a couple of years ago, so you can actually legally own a handgun....not without making it a total PIA to get it. You have to find a dealer who will ship the gun to the 1 yes the 1 person in DC with a FFL. So on top of the shipping charge from the seller, the guy charges between $125 and $175 depending on his mood to accept it. Meanwhile you have to register the gun with the PD. When the gun arrives, you have to take it to the 1, yes only 1 police station downtown to have it test fired and logged ($50). So if you want a $500 gun, you end up paying around $750! I think I need to change my license back to VA! Only reason I have a DC DL is for parking purposes. G1

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Update, the 1 dealer with the FFL has closed shop so to speak. So, it is legal to own a firearm in DC, only that there is no longer a legal way to get one into the District. G1

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wait, I'm confused. So you are allowed to own a handgun in DC? What are the specifications on that?

A few years back I remember my sister having to start leaving her gun at home because she got a job in DC. (She has a concealed carry license and just kept a 45cal in her car).

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Update, the 1 dealer with the FFL has closed shop so to speak. So, it is legal to own a firearm in DC, only that there is no longer a legal way to get one into the District. G1
It has to be shipped to you? You can't go buy one outside of DC and then take it to the cop shop to jump through the rest of the hoops?