What's new

Adding to the stable...

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ok so if you haven't seen I will post out current line up below. The wife has been pretty damn awesome about the cigars as of late so I want to surprise her with yet another coffee device, this time a french press.

Now I was wondering which french press .... I have been looking about but of course I don't have any experience with any out there. Which do you guys prefer and why?

I think on top of that I will get some different beans for her too, and some actual nice espresso cups.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My fiancé uses a Bodum French Press and it works great! I don't have a "why" though lol. I don't drink coffee, just known that she has had to replace other brands because the glass shattered when hot water was poured in. This one seems to be really well made.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I remember asking this question before so you might be able to find an older thread with some info on this, but if I remember correctly the main theme of the responses was that a french press is a pretty simple device so you don't have to spend alot and avoid plastic so you don't have to worry about the "plastic" taste transferring over. Bodum seems to be the most popular brand, this was the one I ended up going with and have no complaints http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-Chambord-French-Coffee-Silver/dp/B004EPSHK2/ (although you can find cheaper options if you want)

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks guys, yeah I was looking at the Bodum since that is the one that pops up the most. Also looked at one while I was in bux today. I started to check out the Aeropress ones as well today and I read a quick post about them in my search and need to look at a few more.

morrisjohn I did a search and didn't seem to yield your post (or I totally over looked it) I'll try again at work tomorrow! Thanks again brothers, can't wait to surprise her with one!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
French Press (my favorite) is not something where you need nice equipment. Its more about timing, and having fresh ground.

I have had the same bodium for a while.