What's new

Adequate Storage?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself in very much the same position in many ways. Good wife that is cool with my budget, maxed out tiny tupperdore........and a wine fridge currently en route to my house. I decided the coolador option is really not an option at all, given our temps here in Houston. I didn't find anything I liked on craigslist after a couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean you won't! I ended up getting a great deal on a scratch and dent Newair 121 at air & water. Found a 20% off code I'm happy to share if you decide to go that route.
Please share. I found a thermoelectric 12 bottle for $65 on Craigslist, but I can't find many reviews for it and I've never heard of the brand.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My advice coming from someone who has made the mistake, don't over buy cigars off the bat. Your tastes will likely change a lot as you explore this hobby. You don't want to be stuck with a bunch of boxes of cigars you don't like anymore. Stick with singles for a while till you know what you like.

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Please share. I found a thermoelectric 12 bottle for $65 on Craigslist, but I can't find many reviews for it and I've never heard of the brand.
PM sent. It's not a secret or anything - I'll share it with anyone who's interested. Looks like they added a new code anyway: MEMORIAL gets you 30% off site wide apparently!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Damn you Bearclaw... Oh and Thank you too.
I have been thinking of getting a second unit and building a cabnet to stack them. the cost has kept me from it.... but now!!!!

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
It looks like My storage issues will be a in my rear view mirror. I just picked up a second New Air 281E. My plan will be to build a spacer of sorts that I can put on top of one unit then stack the other unit on top. Drawers in the top unit and boxes in the unit below. Now I have to figure out how to get this in the house and set up without the wife noticing.

I can hear it now....
Wife: "Where did that second fridge come from"
Me: "What do you mean"
Wife: "The one on top of the other one"
Me: "I've had that for a long time"
Wife: "No, I would have noticed it, it's new"
Me: "Well the bottom one is new"
Wife: "Why do you need two"
Me: "The top one is for cigars to smoke and share with friends. The bottom one is to age boxes for long term"
Wife: 'I am not ok with that"
Me: "I love you honey"

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
My plan will be to build a spacer of sorts that I can put on top of one unit then stack the other unit on top.
I'll be really interested to see what you do here, as I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

Drawers in the top unit and boxes in the unit below.
From an aesthetic point of view, I would do it the other way. A full stack of drawers makes the unit look very full, whereas the open gaps between boxes looks less-full. If you put the drawered unit on top, it'll look and feel top-heavy.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I'll be really interested to see what you do here, as I've been thinking of doing the same thing.

From an aesthetic point of view, I would do it the other way. A full stack of drawers makes the unit look very full, whereas the open gaps between boxes looks less-full. If you put the drawered unit on top, it'll look and feel top-heavy.
I'll try it both ways. The reason I was thinking of the drawers in the top unit to bring them to eye level and take away the need to bend over to pick a cigar. I'll probably add some shelving to the new unit. I'll post pictures of my "stacking".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm probably late to the party but CheapHumidors.com....they price match and have a great selection for any budget. I bought a 300 count with 2 draws for $90. I went to my local B&M and for $90 the best I could find was a desktop 40 count. I'm sure plenty guys have already said this so allow me to reiterate: always buy something bigger then what you currently need because the cigars add up quickly

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another pic with my stash in it. Don't pay attention to the humidity. I've since switched to kitty litter and have it right at 65% and 65*.