What's new

Admit it, are you ready to go back to work, just to get away from the loved ones?

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
For a bit of a perspective change, I hope you've enjoyed the time with your family! Through this whole thing I've been working 12 hour overnights 6 days a week, the day I'm off has been used to catch up on sleep. In the last 3 months, I've been lucky to see my family for an hour a day. And most of that is just a blurry, pre coffee haze.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@Dran @themaindude I certainly understand where you guys are coming from. In my case it was fun for the first, lets say 5 1/2 weeks but my wife is starting to feel the stress of not seeing her family, her church friends and co-workers. I'm an old curmudgeon and enjoy the quiet. content with a cigar a crossword puzzle and maybe a bit of pour. About the most excitement I'm accustomed to is watching my sisters exchange sarcasm over our family group texts.

We all have different dynamics and I am fortunate that the toughest thing in my life right now is a wife acting like a newly caged animal. I can handle the occasional growl and maybe a scratch mark or two but if she starts throwing feces, we have a problem.

I

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I’ve been fortunate enough to work through all of this if you want to look at it that way. But I see what’s it’s doing to my wife and kids. It almost makes me feel a bit guilty that I’m leaving and they keep staying caged up. It’s a wild time, we’ve just been taking it a day at a time.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My boy couldn't be happier living in his room 23 hours a day. Only comes out to eat and shower..... He's 16 and has everything he needs, thanks to Google... No waiting around for the Sears catalogue for this generation! Going into state advised, that's right, ADVISED, Arkansas was one of the few states that didn't "lock down" it's residents, the wife was a housewife, and decided it was time to rejoin the workforce!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had to go into work since this whole thing began. I would be happy to be at home with my wife and kids.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've been incredibly fortunate that this situation has led to even busier times for our business. However, we went to working remotely almost immediately. I miss having the separation of home and work life; the line between them is horribly blurred at this point.

Monday - Friday, I'm at my "desk" (our dining room table). Saturday and Sunday, I'm in the living room 4 feet away.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s been OK, but I’ve also been outside a lot. The great outdoors has saved me from any crazy feelings in the house. There have been moments, but I typically make her go out of the house to run the errands to maintain some level of sanity. I guess I should say offer her first rather than make...

Loving the time with the kids for sure. Sure beats the daily grind of yesterday. I’m wondering how I can make adjustments to maintain a little more slow pace in the lifestyle - it’s relaxing. So - the pipe and cigars remain. Alcohol, I’ve kissed it goodbye. That’s a good thing in the end.

Anyway -even though it’s been an odd time, I’ve found some really great things I think I was supposed to be paying attention to in the first place. Hopefully, everyone slows down and doesn’t run a rat race out of the gate. Life is too short and simply not worth it, IMO.

Peace