What's new

Adopt-a-Battalion in Afghanistan....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any interest in a BOTL effort to provide cigars at Christmas (and for the duration) for a recently deployed battalion of soldiers to Afghanistan? (Disclaimer - my son is among them.)
I’ve approached the mods in an email to check the appropriateness of such a request, but I’ve heard nothing. If this run-it-up-the-flagpole succeeds, I can provide more details and all the logistics of getting cigars directly to a deserving group of soldiers.
Please speak up with support or suggestions.

Thanks,
Pilgrim

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
As long as I’m packing a box to send over, what else would they appreciate getting?
Any random new magazine. We would get 3-4 month old magazines in Afghanistan and even those out of date ones were great to read during down time.

We got a bunch of shit in Care Packages but never enough magazines

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear from you brothers.
I’ll be able to post more details tomorrow.
Instant coffee in single packages and baby wipes are the favorite items on their list.
Avoid beef jerky and salty snacks, but cookies and candies are great. The thing that makes the biggest impression, though, is a heartfelt card or note from the people back in the states.
And they really appreciate good cigars. They smoke together under the night sky and call it “stopping time”. They can get cigars, but they are expensive, especially on their budget.
I’m excited to hear some interest.
I’ll get addresses and logistics together tomorrow.

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Any interest in a BOTL effort to provide cigars at Christmas (and for the duration) for a recently deployed battalion of soldiers to Afghanistan? (Disclaimer - my son is among them.)
I’ve approached the mods in an email to check the appropriateness of such a request, but I’ve heard nothing. If this run-it-up-the-flagpole succeeds, I can provide more details and all the logistics of getting cigars directly to a deserving group of soldiers.
Please speak up with support or suggestions.

Thanks,
Pilgrim
Also, is your son a junior enlisted Soldier?

Just making sure. Care packages sent to us were addressed to our Master Guns and that fat fuck would always dig through shit and claim dibs on all the good stuff before all the junior Marines got any chance at picking stuff.