What's new

Adopt-a-Battalion in Afghanistan....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are generous to a fault. These are worthy Christmas gifts and not just “packages”
These guys give a lot, too, and they are missing a lot. They all will be most grateful.

Here are a couple of posts from FB that put pictures to our efforts. 2BFCD1B3-B2C1-44DF-9952-7A587301971D.png

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Guys , just got back from the PO , Still lots of time to get these guys some BOTL Luv, with a lil planing ahead, a Lg Flat Rate was only $21.45 to ship . I put a note inside wishing these guys the best of Xmas they could have away from home .....
Hopefully what we send will bring a smile and a thought from home ......

@Pilgrim there is a note to ur son , if these guys have some special needs or request plz let me know , maybe BOTL can help or assist with the request ...... (y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Truly honored to be a part of such a great cause. Finally got some stuff together to go out today. Probably won’t make xmas but maybe new years. I probably speak for everyone here when I say we are truly grateful for the service of these fine soldiers. God Bless!!9382CDCA-5B50-4BEA-9CD2-8668EC1FBA58.jpeg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazering! Great work! I’ll pass on the board’s appreciation again.
I’m working on getting individual names, at least those of the soldiers that can be shared.
More later....

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FIRST PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED!
Just got a note from my son full of exclamation points and shouting how unexpected and appreciative he is. Can’t tell exactly at this point who sent it, there was just a note saying it’s from a “group of multiple people” - a very unselfish gesture from a real brother.

Great job and thanks! Keep it coming.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son placed the first arrival on a small table on which was placed a small Christmas tree. Most of the stuff was gone in minutes, and the cigars were especially appreciated.
I will include a printed sign in my next package identifying the source of the goodness as coming from BOTL.
THANKS again.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
MIGHT be mine, it was transferred to APO a bit over a week ago, BOTL was the signature on the xmas card I included! Regardless, glad they've started landing!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a note from my son and several packages ARRIVED loaded with good stuff.

Thanks to:
Joe R from DC,
Clive F from Southgate, MI,
Timothy Y from Rochester, NY.

I can’t name all the others who sent packages at this point, but you know who you are and you share in the credit and BOTL gets a big boost.
It has made a huge impact on these guys and you’re all to be commended. Keep them coming.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you all.

Pilgrim
PS...as you may know, four good men have been lost in this deployment - three Special Forces guys who died in an IED two weeks ago (their bodies were taken to Camp Dwyer) and another young man in a non-combat accident from 10th Mountain. It’s a tough place to be at Christmas. Please keep all these soldiers in in your prayers.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has everyone’s packages been delivered? I sent out on 12/8 (9505511804628342311022) and still ‘in transit’. I am starting to worry. I have had several xmas packages not reach destination yet. Bad shipping season

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Has everyone’s packages been delivered? I sent out on 12/8 (9505511804628342311022) and still ‘in transit’. I am starting to worry. I have had several xmas packages not reach destination yet. Bad shipping season
I shipped on the 8th as well. Still in transit with no update since the 14th.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not much help here. All I can suggest is to remember it’s the usual holiday logjam regards the mail and shipping services and to use the follow-on tracking. If I hear from my son that anything has arrived I will let you know.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
any change? mine is still in transit with no update since Dec 14th :(

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I wouldn't worry @Opie, at some point in the process, the PO hands the package of to military mail clerks, my last update was december 5th(transfered to APO) which i would guess is the exchange point. They cant really call it delivered, as it still has a long ways to travel. Military mail clerks, nnot being postal employees aren't going to have access to the software to post further updates. Im almost positive the snacks and cigars we all sent have been enjoyed to the fullest by this point!

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk