What's new

Adventures in home rolling

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
HI GUYS!!!! I finally made it over here! :D I miss the other forum but this looks awesome too! :D Damn... the pics are HUGE! lol. Good to see some familiar profiles here and looking forward to watching your rolling posts! Merrily we roll along! Whoot Whoot!!! ~xox

Good to have you over here! (Phdstogies from the other forum)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Easter quick wraps with the gf's brother watching. If i can't make him a smoker, I'll make him a roller!

The right stick is the ec. Maduro that i started with. Holy crap is this stuff thick, how did i start with it? The cap was even too thick to be happy with.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Wish I woulda got Jorge's Ec binder instead of his Habano wrapper. His wrapper is giving me nightmares. Just finished filling a box w/ 25 w/ his filler bound & wrapped w/ his hab wrapper. Not a one in the batch is truly presentable. Smells great; leaves lumps. That Ec binder looks decidedly better. Compare the size of those veins with these, from Jorge's wrapper:

How do you wrap a decent looking stick out of that?
I went ahead and prepped a batch of 11 of his veiny hab wrapper last night. It's in the fridge getting damp now. I think I'll use just the outer edge as binder then throw the rest in a tupperware for use as filler. I'll mix it with Don's Honduran Hab fiasco. At 65 bucks a pound, it driving my per stick cost thru the roof. I sure am running thru my quota of bad batches of stuff lately. Bound to happen eventually I spose.

That Ec binder looks a lot like WLT's H2k wrapper, don't you think?
I just order 1 pound of binder, h2k, and EC. I hope isn't to bad.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI GUYS!!!! I finally made it over here! :D I miss the other forum but this looks awesome too! :D Damn... the pics are HUGE! lol. Good to see some familiar profiles here and looking forward to watching your rolling posts! Merrily we roll along! Whoot Whoot!!! ~xox

Glad you finally made it! Was wondering where you were. Welcome to the thread :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya this long ass thread trying to cover all the numerous aspects of rolling, isn;t cutting it. Trying to get into fermenting here is a lost cause. I would like to do a short video sometime to show my process for sweating but For now it looks like it would be an instagram thing. Too much stuff gets lost in these long threads.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ya this long ass thread trying to cover all the numerous aspects of rolling, isn;t cutting it. Trying to get into fermenting here is a lost cause. I would like to do a short video sometime to show my process for sweating but For now it looks like it would be an instagram thing. Too much stuff gets lost in these long threads.
What's your Instagram? Would love to see your feed

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My instagram was only just set up today. its ken_turmon There isnt much yet but there will be more in the weeks ahead. I will be posting more info on my fermenting process. And showing lots of pics and likely a video explaining what I am doing and what I have learned.
Blake tagged you in one of my posts and I immediately followed your page. Now that we have a sub-forum I will be excited to see our community grow in a more organized and helpful format. Thank you all for setting up the poll and voting. In the coming weeks I plan to set up a home-roll box pass as a way for us to share our blends and creations and have a little fun. Y'all get busy rolling!!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to see you. nice looking sticks! .. but, I think I'm missing the other angle of the head right now? I forget the terminology you used.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good to see you. nice looking sticks! .. but, I think I'm missing the other angle of the head right now? I forget the terminology you used.
Thanks Marc xox ... I named it The Whistle Press... sometimes I cap the very tip... like in this pic and sometimes I don't. I call it "The Whistle Press" after the shape of a Tin Whistle... which is very different than the chisel press which tapers inwards or remains flush with the body of the stick... the Whistle Press flares out at the lip for an ergonomic hold and a fuller palate draw. With a little press after lighting it up, the smoker can control the smoke volume with a slight press on the "love handles" to open up for more smoke or press even more at the "flats" to minimize the flow of smoke... so a little power in the hand of the smoker. Most times the tip is uncapped but when I fully dress a very expensive blend I cap them off to make the distinction between my traditional rolls and my high end blends. They also allow for smoking all the way to the nub with easy hold... just a pinch to the side and you take it to the head ;)