What's new

Advice? Casa Fuente

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My brother is in Las Vegas. He is going to go to the Casa Fuente cigar shop while he is there to get me somthing (surprise). He says he is going to talk to whoever is working at the shop when he does, and get them to suggest somthing for me $50-60 range for a couple cigars. Should I ask him for somthing specifically or just let it take its course? Will they hook him up with some good smokes? Anyone who has been there, that would give some advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The prices there are pretty steep. If I went back I would probably pick up a few of their house cigars, the Casa Fuente in the corona gorda size, which I remember being in the $18 range, but that was a few years ago.

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Casa cg's all the way as they have been the most consistent. If they have Casa lanceros go for them as well as Don Carlos lanceros. If they have them buy the 2 limit or more if you can. Anything else there will be just overpriced and you can get them anywhere else.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
CF Lancero is an awesome stick! I would definantly say get one of those if they are in stock. Also the Don Carlos Lancero is good.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Casa cg's all the way as they have been the most consistent. If they have Casa lanceros go for them as well as Don Carlos lanceros. If they have them buy the 2 limit or more if you can. Anything else there will be just overpriced and you can get them anywhere else.
Best advice you'll get. Casa Lanceros are amazing. I need to get my hands on more.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
What everyone else said :laugh:. The house stuff is all good, but everything else is a little overpriced...it's the strip what do you expect :dunno:. Nothing beats sitting down with a Mojito and firing one up though...looking forward to heading back this year.

Dan

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
One of the best sticks I smoked all year was a CF CG....so i'll second what has already been stated by others....

and also add to NOT have your brother ask for advice beyond what's been shared here. Go there with a plan. When I was there a couple guys were looking for said "advice"....and some young gal was telling them a King B is a great cigar....and at $15/stick if I recall. Umm....no.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
and also add to NOT have your brother ask for advice beyond what's been shared here. Go there with a plan. When I was there a couple guys were looking for said "advice"....and some young gal was telling them a King B is a great cigar....and at $15/stick if I recall. Umm....no.
Agreed. The ladies are nice to look at, but really don't know much about the cigars. I asked the girl if she recommended anything..."If you want the house cigars they're right there. If you want something else they're over there." was her response. Terribly helpful :sarcastic :disappoin.

Dan

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep gotta agree the CG is the best deal.

everything else besides the HTF's you can get elsewhere for less

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Very good advice ^

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I will be down in Vegas in a few weeks, glad I checked this thread, I was planning on grabbing a few sticks from Casa Fuente. Now I know what to look for. Thanks guys.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Having had the Casa Fuente Corona Gorda and the Churhill, I would vote for the Churchill Everyday and twice on Sunday. And I am not a huge fan of Churchills. Being a lover of Lanceros, I would certainly grab 1 or 2 if they are available.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Like everyone else said, ask him to get you the CF Lanceros, DC Lanceros, or the CF CGs. Be specific, because if he's not familiar with cigars and cigar prices, he might end up being talked into buying some Opuses, Fuentes, or Ashtons, and they're way overpriced there. Best to get the stuff specific to Casa Fuente.