What's new

Advice for the "devil site"?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Besides moderation, any tips for using cigarbid?

I found the link showing previous bid history on specific cigars.

Do free fall sales have a bottom, where they'll go no lower?

Do you bid in the last few minutes?

Oh, the damage this will do my checking account!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They have a bottom value. I think there's a plug in for either google chrome or mozilla that will tell you the value (someone could probably help with that).

I don't use cigarbid all that often because I'm typically not buying NCs anymore, and I'm not after most of what they have, but I did have a good year where I was hooked. I tried to avoid bidding last minute unless it was something I was watching and the price was significantly less than what I could get with a coupon from another site (especially our great sponsors). They have some decent deals on some mid range stuff, and you can get plenty of yard gars or the smokes for the friends who bum sticks as well.

Yeah, it will certainly do damage to your account. I got caught up in it and probably spent more than I wanted on it, and ended up giving away a load of stuff I never would smoke.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks!

I figure it's a good way to pick up a few 5er's of things I haven't tried, on the lower end of the price range. I enjoy picking a few sticks up at the local B&M, but the selection is limited, so I've been looking online for others.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My advice, which you can ignore if you want, is to pass up on almost every single lot where you can get a 5er for less than a buck. Most of those sticks suck, and I know because it was all I bought when I started smoking. Some of the sticks I know you can get pretty cheap that I still like are the cinco vegas A, cinco vegas high primming, arganese ml3, almost all the AJF can be had pretty cheap if you're patient.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I deleted my CBid icon from my screen so I am not tempted to go there. If I want cigars now, I usually just go to my 5 or 6 usual trusted online retailers.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I find that cigarauctioneer.com has better deals and a wider selection as well. You may want to check it out. As far as bidding on CBid, as Stillinger said, you can download a plugin that monitors the lowest price for that current auction and I'll usually follow that at work on another screen and bid accordingly.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll take a look at cigarauctioneer! And idk if that plugin is available for mobiles, but I'll look into it.

And most of what I smoke is in the $5-8 range, so I've been looking for similar smokes that I can (hopefully) find at a discount!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Figure out what you want, then go looking for it. Boredom shopping = unnecessary cost. It's not just moderation you should be concerned with, it's smart shopping. Smoke what you like, not what you got just because it was a good deal!

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
My advice be patient. I really don't do cbid much because of idiots who run up bids past MSRP. Here are my "rules" for cbid.

1. Check my regular retailers first before bidding who knows may find cheaper elsewhere.

2. Don't get caught in a bidding war. I set my max bid and leave it. If I'm outbid so be it wait for the next one.

3. Remember to factor in shipping costs into your bids they can add up really fast.

Here are a few tips....

1. Try to bid on lots ending during the week. Less eyeballs greater chance you'll win

2. Only bid on stuff you really like or really want to try this way you'll avoid winding up with bunch of "dog rockets"

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My advice be patient. I really don't do cbid much because of idiots who run up bids past MSRP. Here are my "rules" for cbid.

1. Check my regular retailers first before bidding who knows may find cheaper elsewhere.

2. Don't get caught in a bidding war. I set my max bid and leave it. If I'm outbid so be it wait for the next one.

3. Remember to factor in shipping costs into your bids they can add up really fast.

Here are a few tips....

1. Try to bid on lots ending during the week. Less eyeballs greater chance you'll win

2. Only bid on stuff you really like or really want to try this way you'll avoid winding up with bunch of "dog rockets"
This right here. So many dumbasses bidding above MSRP makes bidding annoying.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A few ideas for what it's worth:

Go to Reddit and DL the Cigarbid Plugins (they are for chrome on desktop, worth downloading the browser just for them)... They show the best, worst, and average price for every auction as well as track the free fall auctions to find the lowest price.

Second, don't bid if you don't expect to win. Too often in the past I've put in "pie in the sky" low bids on several auctions and unexpectedly won them all ( ouch and yes)

Third, don't try to "add value" to your shipping cost by adding more cigars. You'll end up adding more than you should and spending twice as much to save $3 on shipping.

Finally, get good at changing your shipping preferences. You can continuously shift your weekly day of preference and delay shipping indefinitely if you expect to continue shopping over a couple of weeks.

Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great tips from everyone, much appreciated!

I usually look at a few other sites to see what their prices are (shipped) compared to Cbid, since the "msrp" on their listings are grossly off.

I have just been looking for 5er's mainly, of cigars I've tried & enjoyed in samplers. Today's conquest was La Aroma de Cuba (like I said previously, inexpensive cigars!), but I passed on it... I can always go looking another day.