What's new

Advice / Suggestions on a box in my humidor

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Mods- let me know if this is against the rules but i am honestly trying to get a little feedback from fellow BOTL.

I have a box of Padron Family Reseve #44 that has been signed by i think 5 of the padron family. Box of 10 maduros...
the delima: i know i cannot bring myself to breaking the cellophane on the box so i will not have the enjoyment of smoking them. Should i try to sell/trade the box for something i would smoke or just keep holding on to it taking up precious Humi space?

Anyone with any thoughts or perspective on my problem...

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Mods- let me know if this is against the rules but i am honestly trying to get a little feedback from fellow BOTL.

I have a box of Padron Family Reseve #44 that has been signed by i think 5 of the padron family. Box of 10 maduros...
the delima: i know i cannot bring myself to breaking the cellophane on the box so i will not have the enjoyment of smoking them. Should i try to sell/trade the box for something i would smoke or just keep holding on to it taking up precious Humi space?

Anyone with any thoughts or perspective on my problem...

Thanks,
Ah, so they signed the box with the shrink wrap still on it?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I have seen some other boxes signed with the shrink wrap on and thought to myself..."Self. How will they be able to open those and smoke the cigars?". Personally I'd take off the shrink wrap and light one of those up. Then go to more Padron events and have 'em sign the box again. That way you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Dan

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Brother man. Remember, its about the cigars first and foremost. Enjoy those cigars, because that is what will give you the memory, not the box. Just my 2 cents.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I had one of those signed 44 boxes. I'm not sure if the family sat down and signed them all or not. Mine came in shrink wrap. I gave the box to a gun nut buddy who keeps ammo in it.

I would sell them or trade them if you don't want to smoke them. They are cigars, after all :).

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i am not a big adherent to fame myself. so it was signed by the padrons, big deal. as long as they MADE the cigar, and it TASTES like it, that is all the autograph i need.

you like the signature, go get the box re-signed.

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
People's signatures mean nothing to me- never cared--that is unless I can make money off of it.... Personally, I wouldn't pay an extra 2 cents for someone's signature on a box of smokes- hope you find someone who cares if you don't want to smoke em and make a buck. So, if it were me i would smoke 'em.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
If you like you can ship them to me. I'll open the box, smoke one, and then send them back. That way you don't have to feel bad about breaking the cellophane and you can smoke the rest. :eyebrow:

:smokingbo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If they signed on the cello you could cut it very carefully and slide the box out to preserve the signatures. Either way though, I say smoke them.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
They sign the boxes at the factory/office, then the wrapping goes on.

Not sure why you don't want to open it... because you think the signatures are on the wrapping? If you like the collecting part of cigars and want the autographs, open the box, smoke one every now and then and keep the box. Or, sell off 8 of the cigars, keep 2 and smoke them on special occasions keeping the box displayed somewhere.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I have seen some other boxes signed with the shrink wrap on and thought to myself..."Self. How will they be able to open those and smoke the cigars?". Personally I'd take off the shrink wrap and light one of those up. Then go to more Padron events and have 'em sign the box again. That way you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Dan
Dan for president.

......Of the Have Your Cake and Eat It Club, that is.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok, I confused it somewhere (my bad) - The box was signed at the factory prior to the shrink wrap being put on the box... So I have no issue with ripping the shrink wrap right off there. I am just not sure if it would be better to trade these to a collector or someone who would enjoy the smokes - hang on to the box as is, or as majority rules - smoke em up... I dont think they are really worth any more with the autographs as opposed to without (unless there is someone who has some weird crush thing on Jessica Padron) but there arent that many of these Family Reserve 44 out there. I know they gave some out without bands, but to tell you the truth, I dont even know if these have bands or not... They have just been sitting awhile and if I am not going to smoke them, what good are they? (the meat and potatoes of the question i guess)
Decisions, Decisions,

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
Take a razor blade tithe cello and frame it then smoke the cigars. Preserved the signatures you wanted and have the cigars.