What's new

Advise for a semi new cigar friend

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
So the title is a bit misleading. The guy in question is one of my best friends for a while now. He's semi new to the world of cigars. He's had some Kuba Kubas, a Vindicator and a Perdomo or two. I'm trying to get him to branch into the next level. We're hearing up to va beach Friday for a concert and we're going to stop at Emerson's in greenbrier so were gonna have some options. Any advice?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
GRAN RESERVA.jpg MAGNUM R LINE FROM FUENTE

or FUENTE HEMMINGWAYS

fair prices and great taste. Not super powerful but tasty!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
What kind if beer does he like? What kind of alcohol? Let us know what kind F&F palate he has and we can make make a recommendation.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
View attachment 38538 MAGNUM R LINE FROM FUENTE

or FUENTE HEMMINGWAYS

get out of my head, dude! o)

seriously, magR are real easy to get along with and super big on flavor and texture. and the hemmi sig was my eureka moment with cigars, and always delivers. or, y'know, push him off the cliff with an anejo.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Oliva v
Ladc ee
San Cristobal nc
Oliva g
EPC core line
DPG blue or black

If he likes infused maybe lean to a sweeter BL like the sc.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
With that in mind (drinks) I say get him an Undercrown...richer flavor but not a spice powerhouse. But being that he likes miller lite, some conn leaf stick would probably work as well. Just never know, his cigar palate might be much richer than his taste for beer.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Flor de las antillas, la aroma di cuba mi amor, and room 101 Daruma

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Not sure if you are staying for more than the concert, but if you are in VA Beach you can hit the Emerson's on VA Beach Blvd and just up the street is Keagan's Irish Pub. The back bar is cigar friendly and has a decent selection of beers (Magners & Angry Orchard for your buddy) and the eye candy working there ain't bad either.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
View attachment 38538 MAGNUM R LINE FROM FUENTE

or FUENTE HEMMINGWAYS

get out of my head, dude! o)

seriously, magR are real easy to get along with and super big on flavor and texture. and the hemmi sig was my eureka moment with cigars, and always delivers. or, y'know, push him off the cliff with an anejo.
How are the Magnum R compared to the Hemingways (strength and flavor)? I've not tried the Magnum yet because every time I hit up the B&M/lounge for a cigar, I see the Hemingways and forget to try anything else.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
Not sure if you are staying for more than the concert, but if you are in VA Beach you can hit the Emerson's on VA Beach Blvd and just up the street is Keagan's Irish Pub. The back bar is cigar friendly and has a decent selection of beers (Magners & Angry Orchard for your buddy) and the eye candy working there ain't bad either.
Might have to do that. The show is at the Norva so the va beach shop might be easier than the greenbrier. I've only ever been to the greenbrier store so it'd be nice to check out the other location. I didn't know anywhere was smoke friendly inside anymore.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
You are pretty much in between both shops at the Norva and the VA Beach shop is a bit smaller but similar selection. The guys there can help your buddy out for sure. When you go to Keagan's be sure to ask for Roxy, Hailey, Rachel, Tamara, Gina, Sarah, Mandy... Well... You get the point :)

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
You are pretty much in between both shops at the Norva and the VA Beach shop is a bit smaller but similar selection. The guys there can help your buddy out for sure. When you go to Keagan's be sure to ask for Roxy, Hailey, Rachel, Tamara, Gina, Sarah, Mandy... Well... You get the point :)
Haha yup I get it. I'll definitely have to check out Keagan's.