What's new

Advise - Really spicy cigars

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
So I bought a 5er of 5 Vegas AAA’s and in reading reviews I knew they would be spicy but wasn’t prepared for how spicy! Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind cigars with some spice but this was a little too much for me to enjoy. I was hoping to hear from those of you who have had that cigar and can tell me others like it so I can steer clear of them. Also if I leave the rest of those 5 Vegas cigars in my humidor will they get milder or spicier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A lot of cigars are spicy, but a tip to remember is anything with a lot of Ligero is going to pack spice. JDN, Padron, AJ Fernandez, Oliva, all pack spice in the flavor profile. (Of course some blends will have more than others)

If you leave the ones in your humidor for a few years, the spice will mellow, but it will still be there a bit.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not sure about the specific cigar but resting them for a while tends to allow the flavors to even out a bit. There is a good chance that the pepper will calm down more to your liking.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
A lot of cigars are spicy, but a tip to remember is anything with a lot of Ligero is going to pack spice. JDN, Padron, AJ Fernandez, Oliva, all pack spice in the flavor profile. (Of course some blends will have more than others)

If you leave the ones in your humidor for a few years, the spice will mellow, but it will still be there a bit.
Not all ligero is spicy. Ligero adds strength, origin adds the flavor.

Typically, Nicaraguan blends will be peppery and "spicy"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
the hoyo de Monterey rosada is a good spicy stick... not over the top. at least, it used to be. check out the partagas black label for a spice with a little more punch.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I like spicy sticks as long as there are other flavors, bit just a straight pepper blast i am not a fan of.
I guess I'm a loner here. I love me a spicy blast on my tongue. Yum.

Stay away from the Padron Family Reserve. I like a cigar with some spice, but that one knocked my dick in the dirt.....

Which one? Maduro or Natural? God those Family Reserve sticks are just delectable. Bro if you don't like PFR just send them to me. They will be enjoyed! Lol.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not all ligero is spicy. Ligero adds strength, origin adds the flavor.

Typically, Nicaraguan blends will be peppery and "spicy"

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Ecuadorian and Honduran leaf adds spice.
Nicaraguan leaf adds more of a pepper taste.
Brazilian adds sweetness

Your're right Mr. Hoppy. It's the country of origin, in general, what controls the "spice" or pepper flavor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm a loner here. I love me a spicy blast on my tongue. Yum.

Which one? Maduro or Natural? God those Family Reserve sticks are just delectable. Bro if you don't like PFR just send them to me. They will be enjoyed! Lol.
The one I had was a maduro. If I’d purchased more than a single, I’m sure I would have traded the rest of them away by now. I haven’t tried a 1926 yet, but the 1964 Anniversary in Exclusivo is one of my favorite sticks.