What's new

AF Between The Lines...Worth picking up??

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My B and M has Hemingway BTL for $16.35... I know they are somewhat HTF, but for such a small cigar are they worth the price tag? I can get a masterpiece maduro for $16!!

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Personally, my palette isn't sophisticated enough to tell the difference between that an a WOAM. That's just me though, ymmv
Yeah, I heard from a guy I trust at the shop that its not necessarily about flavor... But I HAVE bought cigars just for their difficulty to obtain before... I'm trying to work away from that

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Not even kinda, IMO. Unless you want it for a collection, I thought it was meh at best. I'd rather have something else from the Hemingway line.
There are also much better Barber Pole cigars out there.

Obviously, just my opinion.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
honestly, i like them. i can pick up a few things from the interlaced wrappers, and the way the flavors play out. that said, there is obviously a hell of an up charge on these for presentation. should you try one? to me, yes! should it be a first pick over something else? even two something's else? not really.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Stick with anything else from the Hemingway line IMO

Now the short story Maduro , that's a HTF stick that's worth it IMO

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm surprised by all the negative sentiment in this thread to the BTL. Personally, I really enjoy it - at least I did as I don't think I've smoked one in well over a year. If you haven't had it, I'd definitely suggest picking it up if only to formulate your own opinion.

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm surprised by all the negative sentiment in this thread to the BTL. Personally, I really enjoy it - at least I did as I don't think I've smoked one in well over a year. If you haven't had it, I'd definitely suggest picking it up if only to formulate your own opinion.
I think the negative aspects come from the outrageous price most places seem to charge for them, not the cigar itself. I've bought one and had another bombed to me, one of which I smoked. The one I smoked was followed up by a WOAM later one that day and like I sad, I couldn't tell the difference. Not to knock the smoke at all, I love the Hemingway line. I just think the extra $5-6 you're paying for a BTL is for the extra effort in rolling a double wrapper and the novelty of it. But when all is said and done this is still the random opinion of some jerk... take it for what it's worth.