What's new

AF Opus X Belicoso "Power Ranger"

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's been roughly a year since my last Opus review, and the weather was decent enough that I decided to revisit the said Ranger. Aged a year in 65% cooler. Pulled the footer off and the wrapper split a little, but nothing too troublesome. Initial flavors of pepper, barnyard, maybe a little vanilla coffee.

First third, simply delicious. All the classic DR puro goodness one would expect from Fuente. This cigar toes the perfect line between pepper and sweet, never overpowering, and absolutely no chance of uderwhelming.

Halfway and the burn and draw are perfect. Only had to perform a touch up once during the first 10 minutes. I've experienced burn issues in the past smoking an Opus too soon and the old adage that these need down time is spot on. Sweet, peppery, cocoa, tons of smoke output, and the Ranger is kicking it up a notch. Definitely full flavored!

Total smoke time about an hour and fifteen minutes, and I am glad I decided to light one of these up. If you love DR puros, and you are an Arturo Fuente lover, you have to experience an Opus. Some have said they are overpriced and overhyped....In my opinion, they offer a very enjoyable smoking experience and worth every penny if you can find them for a decent price. I think I paid $65 for a fiver at Emerson's (Currently out of stock).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review, the Opus X xXx Power Ranger is one of my favorite cigars.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Thanks for the review. Although I am a fan of the FFOX, I have not had the Power Ranger; I will need to find one based upon your experience.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the review. I love to read other peoples perspective on these. I prefer a bigger smoke on these but the thinner ring gauge is what I believe, adds the kick.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice review. My opus experience is limited but my local usually has these in stock. They are my favorite size. Cheers!