What's new

Affordable boxes for long term aging

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m thinking of buying one or two boxes of cigars later this month but instead of the HTF or high end stuff, I was thinking of buying some more everyday smokes to age for 3+ years. I want to ask you guys for suggestions on decently priced cigars that will be phenomenal with a few years worth of age on them. For instance, I think a box of Padron thousand series would be great to lay away and revisit a few years down the line. What do you guys think?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Definitely Padron X000 series.
Fuente hemingway lines, or 8-5-8s.
I'm sure the list could go on for a while.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
solid on every call so far. i would add the tat havana VI, maybe in the hermosos, angeles, or victorias (CG, PC, and PL respectively).

but honestly, based on historical inertia, the padron K's. more people have had more success with these than anything else it seems. i love me some londres and 2000's in the maduro.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
DPG Blue does do well over time.. as do the padron thousands...

I THINK the diesel unholy cocktails will do well over time... Ive got a box or so of those that have been resting for about a year now that are doing great... I think they will continue to improve for at least another year or so... they can be had dirt cheap if you are willing to wait on a CI/cbid bargain..

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I tried one of the old DPG Series JJ's that was very well aged and awesome. I believe there is a new release of these but if they are like the one I had, great stick.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
MoW Puro Authenticos have done me very well with a bit of time.

To also add, San Lotano Oval's. (Natural version) Corona size in my experience. But the p.r. I had the day was very good as well.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the responses! I will definitely add DPG blue to my list. I love spicy smokes and I'm interested in seeing how they change over the long term.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
They loose some spice and start to taste more like raisins to me. I think the lances do the best at folding their spice. I have some three year old torpedoes that are nice, but the lances are money.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
If you like spicy smokes you can't beat LFD Habana Coronas. I bought a box four plus years ago and the sticks seemed to get better each year, which explains why I don't have any left now. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

KGD

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Honestly, so many of the NC cigars are good to go straight when you buy them - that you shouldnt get caught up on aging them just because some people either intentionally age some cigars, or have so many that many end up naturally aged.

If you want to enjoy aged cigars on a budget, why not consider buying some aged cuban cigars. You can order 3-5 packs from various sources and get a good experience, one that you can enjoy right now - and when buying fewer cigars, still fit in your budget.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Honestly, so many of the NC cigars are good to go straight when you buy them - that you shouldnt get caught up on aging them just because some people either intentionally age some cigars, or have so many that many end up naturally aged.

If you want to enjoy aged cigars on a budget, why not consider buying some aged cuban cigars. You can order 3-5 packs from various sources and get a good experience, one that you can enjoy right now - and when buying fewer cigars, still fit in your budget.
I do have some cubans that I'm slowly working through (Cohiba 1966s, Monte 2s, Bolivar PC, etc) but I've never thought of buying already aged cubans. This was just an idea to set aside a couple boxes for a few years and see how they progress. Thanks for the idea!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They loose some spice and start to taste more like raisins to me. I think the lances do the best at folding their spice. I have some three year old torpedoes that are nice, but the lances are money.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Yea I'll definitely seek out the lanceros. I'm a huge lancero fan and have a decent selection of them already (Casa Fuente, L40, Don Carlos, etc) and I'm always up for trying more lanceros!