What's new

Afraid to ask - plume? Or other

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Every photo I've seen yet of "plume" is mold.
It hasn't been proven to exist in testing yet. Sometimes common knowledge and conventional wisdom is wrong.
The only thing I would consider to be something akin to plume is the faint crystallization you can see on a wrapper with a magnifying glass. But that doesn't grow or spread. And it wouldn't really show up in most photos.
Even mostly properly stored cigars can get mold, or bacterial growth due to any number of contaminants that could be on the wrappers.
But you're right, it's probably most often because it ended up overly warm or humidified at some point.
I also have a hunch that lack of air exchange can be a contributing factor. It certainly is with problematic mold and undesirable fungi in fungiculture.
I forget the name of the lab that takes samples. Every stick they've tested over the years of supposed plume, even from properly stored decades old cigars, has been one form of mold or another. As @Glassman stated, there is crystallization that occurs but not in the way that is described, or conventionally understood, as plume.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Glassman speaks the truth. Always a different strain of mold. Plume is BS. Just keep it quarantined and smoke it when you're ready. Shit light that fucker up now, why wait!?
Yes sir I am going to. Have never smoked a Liga privada. Only the undercrowns and I love the sun grown. So looking forward to trying it. I love fuller bodied smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Yes sir I am going to. Have never smoked a Liga privada. Only the undercrowns and I love the sun grown. So looking forward to trying it. I love fuller bodied smokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too brother, me too... Still have yet to try the T52, I have one sitting in my humidor waiting for me. Love all their other offerings so I'm looking forward to it. Would really love to try the Velvet Rat as well, haven't had that one yet either. Can't bring myself to drop the money on a box right now though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Me too brother, me too... Still have yet to try the T52, I have one sitting in my humidor waiting for me. Love all their other offerings so I'm looking forward to it. Would really love to try the Velvet Rat as well, haven't had that one yet either. Can't bring myself to drop the money on a box right now though.
I am incorrect as I just remembered I tried a ratzilla not too long ago that supposedly had some age on it. It was alright. Had a tight draw and uneven burn. DED4EF55-F93D-4264-8661-B44633AB7A87.jpeg

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I am incorrect as I just remembered I tried a ratzilla not too long ago that supposedly had some age on it. It was alright. Had a tight draw and uneven burn. View attachment 110354
That's another one I have yet to try that I was looking forward too. Have you had more than one? And if so, did the other(s) redeem themselves from your first experience? I've heard similar things about those (i.e., draw and burn issues).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's another one I have yet to try that I was looking forward too. Have you had more than one? And if so, did the other(s) redeem themselves from your first experience? I've heard similar things about those (i.e., draw and burn issues).
No sir only the one. So I am more than willing to chalk it up to a bad roll. I will try another when I go back to that B&M. It may be a while as it is 2 states away however. My brother loves the Ligas though so I have no doubt I will as well.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
No sir only the one. So I am more than willing to chalk it up to a bad roll. I will try another when I go back to that B&M. It may be a while as it is 2 states away however. My brother loves the Ligas though so I have no doubt I will as well.
Yea of the Liga's I have tried I really enjoyed them.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
You gotta wonder, at what point did he go from being so proud of his plumey treasures, to the horrible realization that something was very, very wrong... I can pretty well picture the expression on his face.. ;)
My guess is that it was when the middle one split open and started turning green.. ;)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is what they call a "toothy" cigar.....If you rub the white dots and they don't come off the wrapper leaf, it may be a “toothy” wrapper. This usually coincides with magnesium deposits as well...have had my fair share of these....tiny little white dots.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is what they call a "toothy" cigar.....If you rub the white dots and they don't come off the wrapper leaf, it may be a “toothy” wrapper. This usually coincides with magnesium deposits as well...have had my fair share of these....tiny little white dots.
If it wipes off, enjoy the cigar. If not, enjoy the cigar. :)