What's new

age and discoloration

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
has anyone seen a cigar do this before? this was a la aroma EE, pre- secondary band, which was given by a friend. it was burned late january (?), and performed perfectly, showing a little more composure from age. to be honest, i really am not into the EE usually, but hey, pepin cigars, down time, etc.

what got me was when the band was removed, and the striking difference in wrapper shade under the band from the rest of the wrapper. you cannot tell, as my photos kinda suck, but there was even a difference between the dorsal and ventral sides, albeit with a more gradual shift in coloration.

obviously thinking sun damage, but am unsure. any thoughts? similar experiences?

Attachments

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
Yup, you nailed it. Exposure to light will do that over time, as I've experienced as well. Visit any B+M with cigars that have been sitting around and it will usually reveal this effect. The top row will be lighter than the sticks that are buried out of the affects of the light. BTW, cool bikini line.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Interesting part is I smoke a lot of EE's and the color under the band looks darker than they normally are (at least from what I can make out in the photo)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Interesting part is I smoke a lot of EE's and the color under the band looks darker than they normally are (at least from what I can make out in the photo)
yup, with you on that, but there are sorted boxes that are a little darker, and also i can guarantee the provenance of This stick. also, look closely, and you can kinda make out the slightly fancier cut from the top of the EE primary band in the second photo's dark area.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Yup, you nailed it. Exposure to light will do that over time, as I've experienced as well. Visit any B+M with cigars that have been sitting around and it will usually reveal this effect. The top row will be lighter than the sticks that are buried out of the affects of the light. BTW, cool bikini line.
LOL, at the bikini line.