What's new

Age on gars

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm finding that I'm liking my gars with 2-4 years of age on them. They still got some of that in your face punchiness, but have balanced out in flavors so you get great complexity. Depending on what mood I'm in, sometimes I want that in your face strong flavor for a young cigar, and sometimes I just want one from 98 or 97 that has totally smoothed out, and is a great smoke. But the gars I have been smoking form 00-02 are giving me the best of both worlds. Just some recent poderings.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think it is what someone is in the mood for at the time they are smoking. Last week I smoked a 10 year old cigar and a 1 year old cigar. I enjoyed them both equally... it was just what I was in the mood for that day.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have found, in my meager explorations, that sometimes the same is true for me. I think that because I have smoked mostly young cigars I have grown to appreciate the 'punchy-ness' and can be somewhat let down when I happen upon a six or seven year old cigar.Don't get me wrong, the older cigars are wonderful. Smooth and very delicious, just not what I am used to. I definitely appreciate the aged smokes but they are far outnumbered by the youngin's in my humidor.

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough to generalize. There are some cigars that I LOVE fresh (PSD4s, RASCCs, BCJs), but they all change with age. Aged, they are still among my favorite cigars, but for different reasons.

There are other cigars (BBF, RASS) that I can't stand when fresh. For me, those puppies NEED age.

Most of what I'm smoking these days is in the '98-'02 range, but I'll never turn down a PSD4 freshie! :mrgreen:

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
I am hoping with the arrival of my Avallo next week, to be able to start aging some cigars. As it is now, I cant keep my stock up with my demand! My only experience with aged cigars has been from gifts from you fine BOTL and they have been very good.