What's new

Aged Las Calaveras 2015?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I can't say how long they'll continue to improve, but they have shown promise in my opinion. I bought a few a while back and was actually pretty disappointed in them. Recently, I've had a couple with a few months on them and I liked them a lot. It doesn't necessarily mean years will make them much better, but a few months have done them a great deal of good.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
This is one of my favorite cigars of 2015. I have two boxes of LC46's, I have smoked through almost one of them already and I am going to be breaking into the other one probably sometime this next month. I share the same sentiment as most, they're smoking well right now don't pass it up while the going is good.

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks a ton, guys. I also bought fivers when they first came out, so that I wouldn't be 'tempted'. I did notice some improvement over just a few weeks. But I'm on board with the consensus here. I don't want to be that guy in 2018 with 3 crappy boxes of CH LC 2015s, when I could've enjoyed them now. @sofc has a good point too. I was at a B&M near Ft. Meyers over the holidays. The place still had full boxes of each vitola. I smoked an LC52 and it was unreal, a completely different cigar from the LC52s I smoked upon release. The 2/3 had vanilla, cream, a little citrus, and strong overtones of cocoa. Does that sound right? But nevertheless, thanks for all the really helpful and sound advice. :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I bought a box of the 46's when they came out and smoked my first after a week, another after 3 months and wasn't impressed, got a little acrid the final 1/3. Smoked another one last Saturday and it was excellent. The nap has really helped them so far and I am going to smoke them about once a month from here on out.

I suggest at least trying a few and see what you think and make a decision from there.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the are getting better with age. I was fine with them ROTT, but a little let down after LC14. Had a few over the last month and was much more impresssed. I thought they were really floral ROTT

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
All tobacco has a shelf life. One of the biggest fallacies in cigars that aged tobacco is always better tobacco. A myriad of factors will determine how well a cigar ages and country of origin is a large factor. Nicaraguan tobacco, IMO, ages poorly. The great majority of Nica sticks I've had from various manufacturers were at their best within the first two years of it being made, after that they really start to lose something with a few exceptions, including the Padron X000 series.

I wouldn't sit on em any longer, I'd crack em now and if they're good, keep enjoying them while it lasts. The day may come much sooner than you'd expect that they start to fall off.

Last edited:

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All tobacco has a shelf life. One of the biggest fallacies in cigars that aged tobacco is always better tobacco. A myriad of factors will determine how well a cigar ages and country of origin is a large factor. Nicaraguan tobacco, IMO, ages poorly. The great majority of Nica sticks I've had from various manufacturers were at their best within the first two years of it being made, after that they really start to lose something with a few exceptions, including the Padron X000 series.

I wouldn't sit on em any longer, I'd crack em now and if they're good, keep enjoying them while it lasts. The day may come much sooner than you'd expect that they start to fall off.
Very good advice! Thanks, friend. I'm so glad I asked. They would've sat at least another six months before I went near them.