What's new

Aging Padron

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Curious if anyone on the board has aged the 1000,anni, or 26 line. Wanted to know your thoughts on how it changed the cigar and if it has been a positive experience. I've done all 3 lines and have found that the 1000's really improve with a lot of time. The anni's and 26's mellow considerably when aged which isn't bad but they don't have a strength of a fresh one.

darkman

BoM May '10
Rating - 100%
358   0   0
I have never been one to keep an aniversary padron around long enough to age, however, i have friends that that have and they have told me that the thousand series age very well and the anni's do exactly as you have noticed.

Mirrorlure7m

Twitter: @Mirrorlure7m
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if anyone on the board has aged the 1000,anni, or 26 line. Wanted to know your thoughts on how it changed the cigar and if it has been a positive experience. I've done all 3 lines and have found that the 1000's really improve with a lot of time. The anni's and 26's mellow considerably when aged which isn't bad but they don't have a strength of a fresh one.
Hey that question looks real familiar.. From CF .. LOL at least we will now get two different forums opinions .

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've had aged Padrons from the regular line (londres, Churchill, Exec, etc.) and they are fantastic and WAY better than freshies. I have a box of londres and churchils sleeping now. I've also had an aged 2000, 3000, and 5000-- all of which also improved noticably with age (and I have a box of 2000 down). I've only had a few Annies, none aged long.

I'm afraid I can't give you exact figures, but for me personally the youngest non-Anni Padron that I really liked was nearly a year old.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I agree with njstone.
On the high end, the milleniums sem to be aging well and I think the 80's need it.
Most of the other 26's and 64's are ready to smoke and I think have nowhere to go but down with aging, though they could of course stay close to as they are, for a while.
I have put about half my anny's in heavy ziplocs to help retard the aging and I guess time will tell

Last edited:

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i have a boxes of 2000 and 3000 maduro that have been setting for about 6 or 7 years. they have mellowed a bit, but that is what i prefer.

I also have annis in natural and maduro that are about 8 or 9 years old. I love them. for me, mild does not mean its past its prime.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I agree with njstone.
On the high end, the milleniums sem to be aging well and I think the 80's need it.
Most of the other 26's and 64's are ready to smoke and I think have nowhere to go but down with aging, though they could o course stay as they are.
I have put about half my anny's in heacy ziplocs to help retard the aging and I guess time will tell
.......curious to know if the ziplocs worked.

axi

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never aged the thousand series but I've had some leftover '26 anni no. 9's and 2's down since 07. I've noticed a stark mellowing out.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
.......curious to know if the ziplocs worked.
They don't "freeze" the aging but definitely slow it down. I started this a couple of years ago when I noticed that pre-90's cubans had peaked and were heading downhill.
Supermarket bags won't do. You need the heavy gauge like from uline.
em me your address and I'll send you some to see.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the Family Reserve 45s need serious age. the 64s and 26s are ready to smoke. the regular line is much better with age, but not too much - over 5 years and they lose that Paddie taste we all love.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer most Padrons within the first year. I feel they loose too much character when aged beyond that. I have 26's and 64's that are more than 5 years old, and they seem very flat to me in the flavor profile.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can only speak about the 1000 series, they do seem to age well, but to me they seem to peak at about two or three years and then start to loose strenght and flavor. I mainly smoke them young.