What's new

Aging vs Aged

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I am no expert but I have been smoking and storing cigars for almost 40 years. Reading through the points above I think the most important factor is the IMO. Everyone has an opinion. Here is mine:
Most cigars that begin their lives as strong quality cigars will improve with aging. This is not universal. The eastie and westie Tats were better fresh IMO. I have LFD that are doing wonderful things after 5 years. I do know that the 2006 Pepin Blue has turned into an incredible cigar after 8 years. I have Pepin cigars made for Holts that are over 5 years and they have become very good. I have original camacho diplomas that are fantastic. I never aged a mild NC so I can't opine. Just did not seem to make sense. Aged medium Cubans are great. Maybe it is the tobacco.

I will not differentiate between resting and aging. Never saw this as a big issue. It helps to rest cigars after they travel. It is great to age cigars that may become better with age. Trial and error using educated decisions.

As for cheap cigars my opinion was more along the lines of you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear. A dog rocket if aged for 5 years will then be a five year old dog rocket.