What's new

Ahhhhhh

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So maybe this this doesnt warrant a new thread but I had to vent. First of all GO GIANTS, a great game! But so I went to Senor Frogs for the game (which allows smoking of anykind anywhere, it is any open air bar) and after finishing my Diesel Unlimited D.5 I started on my Diesel Unholy Cocktail. And a waiter there came up to me and said "I cant smell his smoke" to my wife. Then before she had even telling me about this he told the people we were sitting with "I cant stand his smoke". As soon as my wife told me about this I put it out (though I was quiet angry) cause if someone has an issue with it, whatever Ill put it out. But then about 3 minutes later (after I had already put it out) I overheard him telling a female waitress about me having been smoking and his frustration (I just signaled to her that I had put it out already and that we didnt have an issue). I though, am still quiet peeved that at an open air bar that allows smoking, a worker (though I was told he had just gotten off his shift and was watching the game) would complain like a girl and not just approach me like a man and ask me to put it out... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I am still frustrated, I will still go back there cause I am neighbors with the owners and managers and all. I was just wondering if anyone else have had to deal with jerks complaining about smoke instead of approaching you, ESPECIALLY, in a place that allows it?

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Trust me, I was tense as can be and about to make a scene, but the game was on and I wanted to watch and didnt want to cause anything. In other circumstances, I would have said to tough, I actually love confrontation, just didnt want to deal with this dim wit.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
years ago when we could actually smoke in bars i remember hearing a waitress bitching to the bartender about the smell of the cigar i was smoking. She had no problem waiting on a table of about 10 people smoking cigarettes but apparently my one cigar was completely offensive to her. I even called ahead to the bar to see if they were cigar friendly and they said absolutely. She made a big production of waving her hand in front of her face and coughing every time she came to my table. She didn't get a very good tip...

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Sitting at an outdoor cafe recently, I chose a seat furthest from other patrons to be considerate. I ordered my coffee and lit a cigar.
A few minutes later, a big, built, guy with offensively large muscles comes over with his angry shaved head, leans over and says forcefully "mate can ya put that out. it's bloody foul. nobody likes it". With his friends giving him telepathic support, I looked up at him, took the cigar out of my mouth and asked "are you or any of your guests going to be smoking this evening?" to which he replied "No". I responded with "Then I suggest you take yourself and your guests inside".
I put the cigar back in my mouth :cbig: and the angry lion whimpered away like a little pussy.

Fk 'em. I don't care. I know what I can do and where I can do it. I'm sick to death with people bitching about my cigar smoking.
If you have a problem with that, speak to the shop owner or your local council, fkrs. :angerFU:

Last edited:

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sitting at an outdoor cafe recently, I chose a seat furthest from other patrons to be considerate. I ordered my coffee and lit a cigar.
A few minutes later, a big, built, guy with offensively large mescles comes over with his angry shaved head, leans over and says forcefully "mate can ya put that out. it's bloody foul. nobody likes it". With his friends giving him telepathic support, I looked up at him, took the cigar out of my mouth and asked "are you or any of your guests going to be smoking this evening?" to which he replied "No". I responded with "Then I suggest you take yourself and your guests inside".
I put the cigar back in my mouth :cbig: and the angry lion whimpered away like a little pussy.

Fk 'em. I don't care. I know what I can do and where I can do it. I'm sick to death with people bitching about my cigar smoking.
If you have a problem with that, speak to the shop owner or your local council, fkrs. :angerFU:
nicely done. (glad you didnt get your ass kicked):bangbang:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
glad to see everyone here going out of their way to make sure what they were doing was acceptable, in advance, and being conscientious about their cigars.

having done that, SCREW THEM! you go out of your way to find an acceptable smoking area, or avoid the populated sections, and all due dilligence, and someone goes out of their way to complain about YOU?nope, not having it!

sorry to hear that, man, and hope it didn't put you off the game.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
A few minutes later, a big, built, guy with offensively large muscles comes over with his angry shaved head, leans over and says forcefully "mate can ya put that out. it's bloody foul. nobody likes it". With his friends giving him telepathic support, I looked up at him, took the cigar out of my mouth and asked "are you or any of your guests going to be smoking this evening?" to which he replied "No". I responded with "Then I suggest you take yourself and your guests inside".

You the man! That's awesome, bro, really. Polite but firm.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was outside watching the public unveiling of a community project a while back and i was way off to the edge of the crowd. in fact, when i got there i was the only person within 100 feet and he was smoking a cigarette. the crowed filled in over the course of an hour.

at one point a lady walks up with her kids and parks her ass right next to me. after 5 minutes of standing there she turns to me and says "your smoke is bothering me and there are kids around, you should put that out"

i looked at her like a confused puppy for a moment and said "we are outside in a very wide open area. there is another spot for you to sit over there. go over there. im not putting it out." she shut up and didnt move.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I agree with Java. As smokers, we should be considerate (to an extent) to whom we might offend with our smoke. Just because "it's allowed" doesn't mean we should go filling up someone else's space with heavy smoke. However, there are certain places that we should be able to enjoy ourselves too so it's all dependent on the situation.

My friends and I all hang out at a lake house during the summers. I always bring some cigars and we'll often all smoke together. However, if the majority of the group declines (often the females), I won't light up right next to them because if they're not smoking they probably don't appreciate smoke in their face. I'll just sit downwind and use that time to fish off the end of the dock :nodlaugh:

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I cant believe the nerve of people asking someone to put out their cigar in a place that allows smoke or even complaining about it. If you dont like it go inside or go to another establishment that doesnt allow it.

The only incedent I had was at a local bar during the summer I was out on the deck with friends, they allow people to smoke cigarettes, So I asked the waitress if I could smoke a cigar she said let me check for you. Comes back and says yes go ahead, so I walk over to the shop and buy a couple cigar for me and my friends. I get back we all light them up, take about 3 puffs and another waitress comes over and flips out on us saying we cant smoke them. I told her about the other waitress and she still said we dont allow cigar smoking here. I reluctently put it out and we left shortly after. But I dont understand why they allow Cigerrete smoking yet I cant smoke a cigar. It boggles my mind.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Well this is why I dont eat at yard house anymore you can smoke cigs but not Cigars. So I wont give them my business. My response would have been thank you. Which translated means "F*CK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY!"

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Ya, I had called that manager a couple days before and he said that smoking was most def allowed. And then when I lit up I had even asked the person I was sitting next to if she minded and she said "nope, I like it". This waiter that complained had came after I had already been smoking and sat down on the other side of my wife and then had issue... So ya, def could have gotten away with it, BUT, at the large table we were at were also the owner, the two managers and some other workers (the owners and managers live in my neighborhood). So I could have made a scene and they would have told him to shut up, BUT, it wasnt going to kill me to put it out and if it made him happy, whatever. Sorry to hear about other people having to put up with it to, since I just started having cigars I havnt had to deal with this yet. Oh well, I am sure that this isnt the last time Ill have a run in

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
one small detail. he is the SERVER. if he does not like your smoke, you simply say, please have someone else take care of my table. i am the customer here and i tip well for GOOD service.........