What's new

air purifier for car

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IME, they don't work well. The good news is that I don't think they're necessary. Here is the trick:

1. Crack open the driver's side window 1-2" and leave all other windows and the sunroof closed.
2. Set your HVAC system so that it is bringing in fresh air (not recirculating) and so that all of the vents are open and aimed towards the driver's window. Use the setting that splits the airflow between the panel vents and the floor.
3. Turn the fan on full force and leave it that way, and use the thermostat to control the temperature.
4. Hold your cigar in your left hand, and be sure to keep rotating it periodically, since the airflow will mess with the burn.

That's about it. You may have to fiddle with the exact positions of the vents and window, but your car should stay odor-free. This system works better, the faster you go, so if you are in stop-and-go city traffic most of the time, it might not work for you. Be sure to empty the ashtray as soon as you stop --- ashes hold, and release, a LOT of smell. Once in a while, you may want to spray Febreze, but my wife can never tell when I have been smoking in my car. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I do what vperlman said but I don't turn the fan up at all. Moving down the road will create suction drawing the air in your car out and as long as you have fresh air coming in from your vents, the smoke will be pulled out. The key is only one window open.

I always tap ash outside the window so its never in my car.

To help on the rainy days you can get the window vent/shades from WeatherTech...

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had one of the air neutralizers for my car for awhile about 5 years ago, it made everything smell "fresh" as they said but it just smelled odd to me. I now just do what was mentioned above and feel that it works better in the long run. Doing the above and adding a little febreze every now and again and you wont know that it was smoked in.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Yes it is a positive pressure thing. If you crack the driver side window and turn on any type of fresh air vent (HIGH) the pressure will build in the car and the easiest way out is threw the crack in the driver side window. You really do not need to direct the vents, it may help but you do need to blow the smoke in the direction of the window though...

For minivans and SUV if you turn the back seat vents on high it helps more