What's new

Air Soft Riffles???

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
My son wants one of these 6mm Air Soft Riffles but I'm not familiar with them so I was hoping maybe someone here knows about these.
*Does he want spring or electric?
*how many FPS is good?
*any other things I should no about?
I only have real toys so I'm lost on this on guys...help me out please!

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
How old is your son, and what is the environment he will use the rifle in? (range, back pasture, targets...etc)?

Revelation Warrior

Revelation Warrior
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brothers son's have many of them. They live in a rural community and can no longer play outside with them. Some neighborhood mothers were afraid. The rifles and pistols look amazingly real. They are soft plastic BB's that pack a punch. My nephews modified theirs and now they put out the power of a .22 The question you need to ask yourself is "Have I taught them proper use of firearms?" As with any gun they can be fun when properly used. Hope this helps, God Bless...:wink:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
My neighbor has an electric M-16, that kicks ass. He got me, after we bombed him with water balloons. He had the perfect lead and about 50 feet before I could find cover. He must have hit me with 15 of those little BBs. and at 300 feet a second, yeah, they hurt.

And it's all fun until someone loses an eye. Just saying Gun safety is needed with any gun, air or otherwise.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a gas powered pistol, and its pretty fun to shoot targets every now and again.
The electric is probably more fun, but the bbs will fly at a higher velocity and I bet it costs more. More FPS and power means they will shoot further distances as well.

If its the back yard you might want to get the biodegradable bbs so you don't leave little plastic balls all over the place.

This youtube channel has some reviews of guns:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Airsoftreports

And there are other people doing reviews as well. I bought mine off http://www.airsplat.com/

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I have one and yes they're not kid's toys. They look real and can be mistaken for real. If you haven't already teach him to handle and shoot real firearms first and he will probably respect these "toys" as a airgun and not a toy.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I have one and yes they're not kid's toys. They look real and can be mistaken for real. If you haven't already teach him to handle and shoot real firearms first and he will probably respect these "toys" as a airgun and not a toy.
No need to worrie there. I come from a family where shooting guns is a family event and hunting is one of our favorite things to do. So safety is something we teach constanly. He has a bb gun, .177 pellet riffle, 4-10, 16ga , and a .22. My personall collection of guns is to say the least more than I need but we shoot all the time at our local gun club.
My question was aimed more at the fact that I don't know anything about these Airsoft guns that shoot plastic bb's. He wants a airsoft tactical and I just want to make sure I get him a good one which is why I asked.

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
No need to worrie there. I come from a family where shooting guns is a family event and hunting is one of our favorite things to do. So safety is something we teach constanly. He has a bb gun, .177 pellet riffle, 4-10, 16ga , and a .22. My personall collection of guns is to say the least more than I need but we shoot all the time at our local gun club.
My question was aimed more at the fact that I don't know anything about these Airsoft guns that shoot plastic bb's. He wants a airsoft tactical and I just want to make sure I get him a good one which is why I asked.

I could have phrased my question better, but this was the detail i was looking for.

Knowing what these are, and are capable of is half of the battle, and knowing he's looking for tactical, it narrows it down a bit.

Sadly, my experience is with the handgun versions, so Imay not be very helpful. I have owned mechanical and electric, and was pleased with both, but more impressed with the electric for dinking around the property.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
What do you need to know?

I have had two or three electric versions. I used to use them it training and screwing at work while I was in the USAF. I had a Tokyo Mauri MP5, a M4A1 and I currently own a Tokyo Mauri AUG (bullpup rifle). I've taken them apart and modified gearing springs and pistons. I also could help you with a good place for batteries, better connectors and so forth.

Good companies off the top of my head. Tokyo Mauri (original company making electrics), there is Classic Army (basically 100% copies of TM products but real good on their own), Systema (high quality 1:1 replica and realistic functioning intended for training). There are a few other companies that are good reliable companies. If you want one that won't break with in a year or two I'd spend the $300 on one from Tokyo Mauri or Classic Army. I think ICS and Well are also good companies but its not exactly like I keep up with the industry. This is all that I remember from 8+ years ago....

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had one that was an exact repilca of a Remington 812 shotgun. Even had shells to pump into it. First time I took it back behind our house I saw the neighbor lady hop out of the hot tub and run into the house yelling, "HE GOT A SHOTGUN! CALL THE PO-LICE CALL THE PO-LICE"

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
What do you need to know?

I have had two or three electric versions. I used to use them it training and screwing at work while I was in the USAF. I had a Tokyo Mauri MP5, a M4A1 and I currently own a Tokyo Mauri AUG (bullpup rifle). I've taken them apart and modified gearing springs and pistons. I also could help you with a good place for batteries, better connectors and so forth.

Good companies off the top of my head. Tokyo Mauri (original company making electrics), there is Classic Army (basically 100% copies of TM products but real good on their own), Systema (high quality 1:1 replica and realistic functioning intended for training). There are a few other companies that are good reliable companies. If you want one that won't break with in a year or two I'd spend the $300 on one from Tokyo Mauri or Classic Army. I think ICS and Well are also good companies but its not exactly like I keep up with the industry. This is all that I remember from 8+ years ago....
$300 is way more than I want to spend. Maybe down the road if he takes it seriously. Here is what I'm thinking and you can tell me what you think...I am interested in the modification though for sure!
http://cgi.ebay.com/AEG-Electric-SIG-Assault-Rifle-Airsoft-gun-M82-w-Laser-/140436926964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
It's on Ebay so what do you think??

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
$300 is way more than I want to spend. Maybe down the road if he takes it seriously. Here is what I'm thinking and you can tell me what you think...I am interested in the modification though for sure!
http://cgi.ebay.com/AEG-Electric-SIG-Assault-Rifle-Airsoft-gun-M82-w-Laser-/140436926964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
It's on Ebay so what do you think??
It won't be a "performer", but if he is just trying to have fun - he will love it.

Or if you can wait a few extra days, I have a large collection of airsoft guns from when I played. Many have been lightly used, if ever. I can send you one or two once I'm settled into my new place.

Let me know

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
It won't be a "performer", but if he is just trying to have fun - he will love it.

Or if you can wait a few extra days, I have a large collection of airsoft guns from when I played. Many have been lightly used, if ever. I can send you one or two once I'm settled into my new place.

Let me know
Brother that's an awsome gesure for sure but not nessessary. I think he just likes the one on ebay because it has all the fancy scopes and accessories. They are kinda neet, just so many to choose from.

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
they are fine for kids lol. not that serious.

i recommend spring for single shot or electric for like a repeater rifle.

they are alot of fun! but also good opp to teach him gun safety if you wanted :)

best of luck!