What's new

AKA Hybrid

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Picked up a couple AKA Hybrid DNA sticks. New release shipped last week to my B&M. I think they are a Camacho offspring but would like to learn more from you guys.
Lots of sweet tobacco, cream and a rum-ness through the retrohale.

ErDoc will be here soon and I'll have him smoke one too and get his feedback.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
http://www.gcpuffs.com/2011/05/aka-cigars-shipping-today.html
Found this...
MONDAY, MAY 16, 2011

AKA Cigars shipping today!

AKA Cigars shipping to stores today!

Thanks to Jay Lundy for taking a moment with GCPuffs.

GC: Jay, what can you tell me about the beginnings of AKA Cigars?
J.L.: The cigar is being produced at the Camacho Factory in Danli, Honduras. We created this first blend with the help of our good friend Christian Eiroa the old owner of Camacho. His family sold the company a few years ago to Davidoff , however Christian still heads up Camacho for them. The Cigar: The AKA HYBRID . The term Hybrid is used because the wrapper is a special hybrid wrapper that is grown only by the Eoria Family on a special farm of theirs in the Jamastran Valley in Honduras and came to be by the Cross-Breeding of seeds from different plants. The name our Wrapper was given is Generoso which means "Generous". The " G " is pronounced as an " H " like Heneroso.

G.C.: Does anyone else use the wrapper?
J.L.: No, this wrapper is Only being grown for and used by AKA.

G.C.: What will the make up be?
J.L.: The wrapper is the Generoso, the binder Honduran, and the filler is Honduran and Dominican.

G.C.: Jay tell me as the creator what your thoughts of the cigar is.
J.L.: Well, the cigar is medium to medium plus in strength. The Corona size seems to smoke a little fuller then the other sizes. I think this is because this special wrapper has such a great influence over the other tobaccos in the cigar. You should notice that the cigar is a very clean smoke. No bitterness, charcoal, bad aftertaste. The cigar has more of a refined White Pepper to it than the ordinary heavy Black Pepper of most medium to full body cigars. You should also notice this cigar has a very unique flavor profile to it that most people can't compare to any other cigar they have smoked before. Probably also due to the one of a kind wrapper. The cigar has a very nice complexity and balance to it also. We are using 4-5 year aged tobaccos and we are using only the top primings and top grades of these primings for the cigar. The cigars will also be aged 3-6 months after being rolled before they are released. Most companies age 30-45 days before they release.
G.C.: What sizes will you have?
J.L.: This is the line up: Sizes are : Corona: 6x44, Robusto: 5 1/2 x 50,Churchill: 7 1/4 x 50, Super Toro: 6 1/2 x 54
You'll notice that the sizes are a little longer and/or larger in ring gauge than traditional sizes. We did this to be different but mainly to give consumers a little more for their money.
G.C.: Thanks Jay, and after smoking several of the AKA's I can tell you that it has a unique flavor and is complex with great smokability from start to finish. Be watching and ask your local B&M about AKA Cigars. They are shipping today!!

G.C.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cigar is good so far in first inch. Mine has a bit tighter draw, but the flavor is good with tobacco, nut, and sweet cream notes. Medium body which is not what I expected from Camacho.

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
heard about these from my guy Luis at Habana Port, think I will pick a couple up Thursday at locker night... Look forward to further reviews!

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im interested in trying them because Ive heard many say they are very good but the whole "american kickass" name and tribal font do nothing for me. Luckily I dont smoke the boxes or the bands but if I saw this cigar in a shop and knew nothing about it Id probably never consider buying one.

Last edited:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
definitely NOT your father's camacho! picked up a few to try for the weekend. tried a smaller size on the way home. certainly not kick butt strong and more towards creamy. smoked it after a meal at the indian buffet, so we'll see how the other size smokes this evening.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
definitely NOT your father's camacho! picked up a few to try for the weekend. tried a smaller size on the way home. certainly not kick butt strong and more towards creamy. smoked it after a meal at the indian buffet, so we'll see how the other size smokes this evening.

Yea I've heard the same. I plan on smoking one tonight so we will see how it goes.

c money

Banned
Rating - 90%
10   1   0
Had one yesterday at my B&M... Nice smoke, not overly powerful but good creamy smoke... Looking forward to trying again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I'm Jay Lundy. Owner of AKA Cigars. Thank You All for your comments. Much Appreciated. AKA Cigars is a Boutique Cigar Company based out of Dallas Texas area. The main theme behind AKA is Patriotic !! You, Me, Our Military, Our Country. We Are American KickAss !!!!

There has been a small error made about the blend so I'll clear that up for you guys.

Wrapper: ( Hybrid ) Named Gereroso meaning "Generous". Comes from the Cross-Breeding of Cameroon and Corojo 59 Seed.

Binder: Domican Ligero

Fillers: Dominican and Honduran

The cigar is a medium to medium plus in body depending on the size. Most people really notice how clean of a smoke the cigar is and the very unique flavor profile, complexity, and balance. This cigar is not just another camacho cigar and does not taste like any camacho cigars. It is rolled for us by the camacho factory because we are good friends with Christian Eiroa.

Sizes:
ABS: Corona 6x44
DNA: Robusto 5.5x50
ESP: Churchill 7.25x50
SOS: Super Toro 6.5x54
???: Rothchild 4.5x52 Coming in July
???: 6x60 Coming in July

Our AKA ??????? Full Body coming the first of August. Details coming soon !!

Thanks Guys !! Great to be here !!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,

I forgot to mention if anyone is Interested in trying out the new AKA Hybrid Please check with your local B&M First and if they dont carry us yet then you can find them at seriouscigars.com. This is a B&M Retailer run site. Thanks !!!!!!