What's new

Alcazar No. 3 Maduro

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The DWSC had these as a value recomendation on last weeks show. So, I was in a local B&M yesterday and saw em. At a whopping $2.60/ I figured I would try one. As you can see, it's a nice looking cigar at 6" x 50ish.

The cigar can pretty much be summed up by saying it was mostly earth and leather all the way through. Nothing wrong with that either. Right about half way I noticed a bit of cocoa and bready flavors. That didn't last long and it was back to earth and leather till the end. The secret to this cigar is not to get ahead of it. A couple times I puffed a little too quickly and it tended to get a tad bitter. Overall though it was a very nice cigar, especially for $2.60.

The construction was great and besides a slight uneven burn, the cigar performed fairly well. My biggest complaint is that for the first 1/3rd it didn't produce quite as much smoke as I would have liked. However, the wrapper held strong and so did the ash. All things considered, I think it is a very good value at $2.60. If you come across these you may want to pick a few up.:sleep:

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Thanks for the review Irritech! And nice pics too which adds a nice dimension to the review.

For those guys that need to smoke 6-7 a day or like to have a cigar in their mouth when doing yard work, etc. I can see how this cigar would be interesting as a value cigar. I for one, only smoke a few a week and I only smoke to relax where I can focus on the cigar and my thoughts. I doubt I'd ever purchase one of these but at least I got to experience smoking one through Irritech's review.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Smoked the Alcazar #2 (7x49) Maduro and thought it was a very nice smoke for the price also $3.50 from the B&M. A similar cigar to the Alcazar, is the La Unica Maduro by Fuente. You can pick up a bdl of 20 for under $60 on the net. The #200 La Unica is the same size as the #2 Alcazar. Just some info in case you were experimenting.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Smoked the Alcazar #2 (7x49) Maduro and thought it was a very nice smoke for the price also $3.50 from the B&M. A similar cigar to the Alcazar, is the La Unica Maduro by Fuente. You can pick up a bdl of 20 for under $60 on the net. The #200 La Unica is the same size as the #2 Alcazar. Just some info in case you were experimenting.
Thanks for the tip. I've always wanted to try the La Unica and I think now maybe I will. I also have the Alcazar #4 (robo) that I will prob try and smoke tomorrow. Sundays I reserve the right to smoke no cheapies. I always want to kick the week off right.:agreeclen