What's new

Alec Bradley Black Market War Dog Torpedo (~6 1/4 x 52)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a review of one of new Alec Bradley blends released in small quantities to beat the august FDA deadline. I bought a box of 10 from Thompson when they were only $29.95 that was lowered even more when they emailed me a 20% off coupon code.

Here's the box art for those that are curious. It looks like a hot dog to me but who really knows what the final packaging will actually turn out to be.
AB Black Market War Dogs (1).jpg
This beauty has been sitting pretty for about 3 months now and i've smoked a couple so far. Its a sexy cigar with the green color contrasting nicely with the dark wrapper.
Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (1).jpg
The big ass foot band slides off easily unlike from the regular line where at times you literally have to shred it to get it off.
Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (2).jpg
Well this black market variant taste almost exactly like the regular line. There is a minor difference in that there is a interesting light chalkiness present unlike the regular line.

The flavor is consistent from the beginning to the end just like the regular Black Market line. Its a nice earthy leather with hints of cocoa, coffee, cream, and sweetness that keeps everything well balanced and interesting. Its a very smooth cigar with a rich but consistent flavor throughout. The body is medium/medium-full with the strength being a low medium at best. The smoke is sort of meaty and in this variant the oily textured smoke has a grittiness that reminds me of eating an apple. The grittiness is like a chalky flavor that reminds me of San Andres leaf but its more subdued.

The construction was excellent with a perfect draw but the burn was wavy and i had to perform 3-4 touch ups to keep the burn line in check. The smoke time is excellent just like all the other black market torpedoes that i've smoked. I easily got 1 hour and 45 minutes out of it without any really trouble.

This is a short review for the simple fact that the cigar is super consistent from the beginning to the end just like the regular line. I really enjoy the flavor but this is not a cigar for those that want a pepper bomb or a cigar that transitions a lot.

Here's the rest of the burn progression:
Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (3).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (5).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (6).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (7).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (8).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (9).jpg Alec Bradley Black Market War Dogs (10).jpg

I reviewed the Red colored AB Black Market illicit variant before so here's the link to that review for those that are interested. The illicit is much more distinct from the regular line but shares the same consistent flavors from the beginning to the end. http://www.botl.org/threads/alec-bradley-black-market-illicit-in-torpedo-6-x-52.89072/