What's new

Alec Bradley Burner

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my burner table top today and I alike this thing. With most of my smoking being done in my garage, it will be nice to have this table top lighter with a large reservoir so refills will be much less frequent than my various hand held lighters. Love the way the flame can be adjusted up/down by turning the knob and also appreciate the rubber ring on the bottom that prevents the lighter from sliding or scratching your surface.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. The flame is extremely strong. In practice I have the flame lower than pictured and I hold the stick well above the flame. I lit my first cigar holding the cigar parallel to the flame but a few inches over it (not the way to do it IMO) and I could still fill the heat on my hand even though I'm holding the stick near the back half of the cigar.

On my second stick I held the stick at an angle still raised above the flame while rotating the cigar above the flame. This worked a lot better. And I really like not having to hold the lighter while lighting my cigar...once you spark the lighter and set your flame level, you don't need to touch it until you shut it off. I was surprised how effective it was with touchups too, though a single flame torch is definitely more precise.

I smoked 2 cigars today but wasn't being very attentive near the back end of each smoke so I probably lit/relit the cigars a total of 6 times today using the burner and firing that thing up was a breeze each time with no misfires.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good is it when it gets a little windy? I'm really interested in one of these, but the way my patio is sitting I get the wind wrapping around the house right into my patio.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Received my burner table top today and I alike this thing. With most of my smoking being done in my garage, it will be nice to have this table top lighter with a large reservoir so refills will be much less frequent than my various hand held lighters. Love the way the flame can be adjusted up/down by turning the knob and also appreciate the rubber ring on the bottom that prevents the lighter from sliding or scratching your surface.
That looks nifty brother!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just recently got one of these from KerryS for my birthday and its great. Just as a torch lighter if its decently light out the flame is super hard to see and a little bit of the breeze makes its a little difficult to use.

As you already said, yeah keep it at a low flame and it works well, super fun and table top lighter though.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
My .02 on this lighter. I had this one for 2-3 years and freaking loved it. The large capacity tank to me was the deal sealer. I couldn't tell you how many cigars I could light exactly but it was probably close to a box between fills. When I used it I had it just above a soft flame so your results may vary. As far as outside use, I would say it would work, however, I wouldn't use it outside. Due to it's design of a wide flame the results wouldn't be that great.

When I first got mine it wouldn't always fire the first time. It was just as simple as rotating the top piece to a point where the spark hit over one of the open circles in the top. Make sure it isn't hot before adjusting ;).

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Newb question... is this just a kick ass way to light cigars?

It looks very similar to my little camping stove haha You could enjoy a smoke and heat up some beans on that thing at the same time

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Newb question... is this just a kick ass way to light cigars?

It looks very similar to my little camping stove haha You could enjoy a smoke and heat up some beans on that thing at the same time
I almost added that last part, lol.

I looked it at as just a large capacity table lighter. It does get attention and has a bit of a "cool" factor to it. But personally, I found it to be extremely practical at the house as I knew it always had fuel. Nice to slow roast a cigar without having to hold a button down with it.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I looked it at as just a large capacity table lighter. It does get attention and has a bit of a "cool" factor to it. But personally, I found it to be extremely practical at the house as I knew it always had fuel. Nice to slow roast a cigar without having to hold a button down with it.
Forgot to add that, I love that you spark it and its lit. When Kerry gave it to me at my party everyone was ohhh's and awes over it.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Those things rock. The BnM I worked at had one for customer use at the counter. It lasted for a very long time but eventually stopped working from being dropped way too much. If it lasted as long there with the use and abuse of a busy shop, it should last us at home much cigar lighting.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have been thinking about getting one of these for a long time, but since most of my smoking is outside I am not sure it would work out. I do like it though and for $33.00 I may give it a try.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This lighter is amazing. It does take a little getting use to though. It puts off a ton of heat and if not careful can get out of hand.

Ive used it outside and haven't had much issues. I could see it getting troublesome if the wind picked up though.

The fuel tank on this thing is crazy. Better get a big can of butane to fill it cause it hold a lot and lasts forever.

I would recomend this to anyone!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got one as a gift. It stays on my back porch all the time. I've emptied it 4 times. It works so good. Just done burn your eyebrows off lighting our smoke.:bottle:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one for a few months now. The Burner works outside pretty well IMO. The flame is nice and wide, and since you really have some fine tunning with that knob, you can control just how hot you need it. If it is windy I just crank it up a bit. The biggest benefit of this bad boy is the fuel capacity. Just burns and burns.
I actually picked up a spare on the Monster, couldn't beat the price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alec.jpg

ive just got one and its so pimp....it lights great and the control is on point....and its a great show off piece