What's new

Alec Bradley Family Blend VR1

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey all,

Just picked one of these up at a local B&M. Just wanted everyone's opinion on it and what they thought of it. I paid $11 for it and half way through I don't know if it was quite worth it. What do you guys think of them?

Cheers,
JM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Absolutely not worth $11. But they're not bad. Not great, but not bad.

You can get em cheap on cbid.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
... if cbid ships to the great white north. big difference there.

the AB family blend line normally runs five-ish, six-ish down here? decent stick, made at raices cubana, same factory as illusione and viaje, and has a few fans. IMO the quality has gone down since the original single vitola release, but that's just me.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ya that's the big issue is places like c-bid don't ship to Canada. I don't think it was a bad cigar but it wasn't great something I think that with a year of aging may have a little bit better taste to it. That's just my opinion.

Like I said it was my first AB so if it is worse or better then the past I will take your words on it but definitely not a wow stick I don't even think it's one I'd go back to really.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
AB cigars are pretty good and with rest even better but not at the price point you bought them for...usually B&M's will hike at least 30% of any brand just so they can make a profit and can't say I blame them if you are going to smoke a cigar in their place.

maestrobasser

@maestrobasser
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like these quite a bit, prefer the D3 (4 1/2 x 58) size however. That being said, $11 is high, but if I was buying one in a B&M to enjoy, is a few bucks a deal breaker? Nope! Gotta support your local folks!

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Ya I have noticed the same thing. It is such a huge markup on NC that it's not Ben worth trying. Our US counterparts get the same cigars for half to a third of the price we pay for them here which sucks.