What's new

Alec Bradley SCR Corona

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In celebration of a most wonderful morning in the office I decide to go downstairs and run off the cigarette smokers (some nerve they have turning their noses up when they are smoking bat excrement).

Anyhoo, pinched on time I grab this vitola in a Corona punch it, toast the foot and enjoy.

Within seconds I am bombarded by molasses and tea. Truly one of the most exhilarating PREMIUM HAND ROLLED CIGAR oral parties my palette has hosted over lunch in quite some time.

Based on it's size, the flavor from the wrapper is only intensifying my pleasure. The tea intonations are fading to the background and I am beginning to detect an unfamiliar flavor. Almost like cashews. This is more prominent on the retrohale.

I am about half way through and the ash is holding steady, it's letting off mouthful after mouthful if dense, chewy smoke and the burn line is fantastic.

While not a very complex in terms of profile changes, I would say that for me, this ranks up their with a Fuente Short Story for a lunch time smoke.

Wouldn't you know it. As I am sitting here inraptured by this fine smoke, my AT&T vendor shows up with his Mobility Rep and sits down and starts talking iPhones and rate plans (we do have a good one; 18% off our monthly bill and 48% off hardware) so I puff away and provide him with a little bit of cigar knowledge.

Well, it's time for me to get back to the grind so I will. I will do so accompanied by the fondest memories of a great cigar.

Tootles.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
In celebration of a most wonderful morning in the office I decide to go downstairs and run off the cigarette smokers (some nerve they have turning their noses up when they are smoking bat excrement).

Anyhoo, pinched on time I grab this vitola in a Corona punch it, toast the foot and enjoy.

Within seconds I am bombarded by molasses and tea. Truly one of the most exhilarating oral parties my palette has hosted over lunch in quite some time.

Based on it's size, the flavor from the wrapper is only intensifying my pleasure. The tea intonations are fading to the background and I am beginning to detect an unfamiliar flavor. Almost like cashews. This is more prominent on the retrohale.

I am about half way through and the ash is holding steady, it's letting off mouthful after mouthful if dense, chewy smoke and the burn line is fantastic.

While not a very complex in terms of profile changes, I would say that for me, this ranks up their with a Fuente Short Story for a lunch time smoke.

Wouldn't you know it. As I am sitting here inraptured by this fine smoke, my AT&T vendor shows up with his Mobility Rep and sits down and starts talking iPhones and rate plans (we do have a good one; 18% off our monthly bill and 48% off hardware) so I puff away and provide him with a little bit of cigar knowledge.

Well, it's time for me to get back to the grind so I will. I will do so accompanied by the fondest memories of a great cigar.

Tootles.
Great review! Sounds like a fantastic cigar...

But... I'm a bit concerned. How often do you host "oral parties over lunch"?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
An amazing cigar. Great changes in the different sizes, all of them good in their own way. I would put this cigar into the high 80's, easy.

It's good to hear yours burned well. For the life of me, I haven't had a single one that hasn't burned weird. None of them have been bad enough to detract from the smoke, but I would rather have a better burn on them. It may have been the humidity...

Great review!!!

Bear

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I, too, loved the SCR. Medium-bodied with some slight spice -- just delicious.

If you liked the SCR, you should try the Family Blend. The two cigars are similar in strength, but I found the Family Blend to be more rich and have more pronounced flavors. In my opinion, it was the better of the two smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, too, loved the SCR. Medium-bodied with some slight spice -- just delicious.

If you liked the SCR, you should try the Family Blend. The two cigars are similar in strength, but I found the Family Blend to be more rich and have more pronounced flavors. In my opinion, it was the better of the two smokes.
I am going to seek out a 5er of both the Family Blend and SCR. Review of the former within a couple of weeks of acquisition.